Making the transition to SR from TT

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iTedRo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2011

^ This, except I'd find a few champs you are good at for each category. Sure you can master lee win, but you'll almost never get to play him in ranked :/

1UPedU

11-08-2011

really? no love for fiddle sticks? hes the only pure ap jungler; (and a very good one for post 6 ganks)
you should edit the list of junglers

marklukejohn

11-08-2011

MAKING THE SWITCH FROM TWISTED TREELINE TO SUMMONERS RIFT.
If you are good at twisted treeline, then you have potential in summoners rift. twisted treeline takes more skill because the game is more heavily on your shoulders. Playing twisted treeline should give an advantage in a couple of areas.

Solo top, is like playing twisted treeline all over again. You are against one person for about 20 minutes, with random ganks coming in all the time. I play alot of solo top in summoners rift because i'm used to that game play from twisted treeline.

DISADVANTAGES
you will suck at bottom lane. In twisted treeline, aggressive play happens all game. In summoners rift, bottom lane is supposed to chill, and farm. you will be bored out of your mind, try to get a kill, and they will kill you for it. Be patient in bottom lane.

Jungling. Is much more boring in summoners rift. There are alot more creeps to kill, and you will be facing neutrals all day long. The only exciting part is setting up ganks, which has to be highly coordinated with the lane that you are ganking. Tell them your coming, and see if they can stun and you can run in and lay down some hurt.

MID lane.
You should do fine here because this is like twisted treeline again. However, get used to various ganking situations that may occur. Mid lane is quite open to ganking. In twisted treeline, you often want to push lanes and then take neutrals. However, in summoners, you usually don't push lanes.

metric crapton

11-09-2011

Thanks for the responses.

Marklukejohn, good general advice which lines up with what I've read about SR. Your last post on the switch is exactly the kind of info I'm looking for. Thanks!

Looking back on the last few (failed) games on SR, what you have there makes perfect sense. I played bottom, was WAY to aggressive and got ganked repeatedly.

I played Mid, overextended and... got ganked!

I jungled and did OK. I don't hard core jungle on TT, it's mostly just opportunistic. No enemy minions nearby? Go snag some creeps, maybe pick up a buff. Much more focused in SR. Also, apparently, you HAVE to jungle with some champs. I picked up Noc and didn't take Smite and some of my team went into cardiac arrest. So I took Smite and did an OK job at jungling.

Also, ganks on SR are brutal compared to TT. In TT your worse case situation is 3v1, and due to the smaller map and higher visibility you typically know when that might happen. On SR I was scooped up by 4v1 and sometimes 5v1 ganks. Instakill. I can see that map awareness on the larger map is one place I need to invest some learning

Thanks!

Hurricanos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-09-2011

Hey, I made this transition quite awhile ago. So maybe I can help.

At first, the transition is going to be AWFUL. That's how it was for me. No matter what you do you won't start out great because it's a completely different game on SR.

Some key things though.

1. Wards, they are important in both (warding red/drag in TT, warding ramp/baron/dragon/tribush in SR)

2. POSITIONING!!!!! This is by far the hardest thing to learn on SR. On TT you can coordinate with 2 other players fairly easily. With 5 people you have to rely on yourself to not get caught out of position. What this means: Tank, don't ever be caught away from your entire team. Support, see tank. AD carry, DO NOT be at the team fight as it starts. AP carry, see AD carry. Bruiser, FOLLOW THE TANK INTO BATTLE!!!

3. Late game pushing: SR is all about keeping pressure on multiple towers. If your entire team is pushing mid but there is no pressure top or bot lane...the entire enemy team is going to be able to gank you. If however, as a team fight breaks out in mid you pushed top to turret with 1 player...they will not be able to keep all 5 on you lest they risk losing a tower.

4. POKING: Poking is HUGE in SR, any health you have over your opponent at the start of a battle is extremely important. Don't just sit and wait for minion waves, through out some abilities at your opponents to get them kind of low so they can't simply stop you at the tower with ease.

Just remember that it's a HUGE learning curve. I hated SR because of 5 man teamfights. I thought it was mass chaos. Now that I know what I'm doing...I prefer SR much more to TT.

Sofaraway

11-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ring View Post
No, you came here to argue like a child. Have a ****ty day.
Ha, this guy is great!
+1

Felza

11-09-2011

Oh and also, the biggest difference is the more passive gameplay, since there will be 5 ppl focusing u, ur better playing safe. Also, don't forget the map is sooooooo much bigger, getting ganked will be roughly about 10sec after mia( just to be safe)(unless its panth or TF) so you have more time to react, which on TT its like about 3 sec.