Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Spectator delay increase to 5 minutes.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elo Tartarus

Recruiter

11-07-2011

After much thought I do believe the delay should be made five minutes instead of the current three minutes. Why? I will list them below.

1.) Jungle Ghosting. It is very easy to have a spectator watching watch junglers and write down buff timers. For those who do not know buff timers work like this.

Wraiths,Wolves, and Golems. 3 minutes

Red and Blue. 5 minutes

Dragon. 6 minutes

Baron. 7 minutes Thanks Jakob!

Now the issue is that summoner A could have his friend summoner B spectate the game that summoner A is jungleing in. Summoner B could easily tell summoner A the exact timers on enemy buffs and camps to maximize counter jungle and enemy jungler ghosting.

An easy fix to this would to simply allow spectators to chat among themselves and to not allow summoner to PM while spectating. This does not 100% fix the issue due to the use of third party chat programs. (Skype, Ventrillo etc.)

2.) This is one is much much less minor and is not really worth the effort. Teemo lays shrooms they last 10 minutes 3 minute delay easy way to tell someone the location of shrooms.

I could see this not being an issue with spectator if it is never allowed in ranked game play but if it ever is allowed in ranked game play I would ask this be taken into consideration.

-Tart

FrozenFyre

11-07-2011

Isn't baron 7 minutes? Though those are pretty good points :P

Jakob

11-07-2011

baron in indeed 7 minutes.

this means the delay should be at LEAST minutes. guildwars had what, 15 mins delay?

BluStalker

11-07-2011

Small camps are 100 seconds.

Tasseled Loafers

11-08-2011

Quote:
Jakob:
baron in indeed 7 minutes.

this means the delay should be at LEAST minutes. guildwars had what, 15 mins delay?

Yeah but the setup in Guild Wars was a little different also. In LoL spectator mode you physically have to wait the two minutes in champion select. In Guild Wars, the Match was live and you could tune in whenever you felt like it. The Game didn't even show until the 15 minute timer had already started.

Lord GiantR

11-08-2011

I REALLY REALLY Really do not want to wait more than 3 minutes. I think that even 3 minutes it's too much. You really do not have any faith in humanity do you?

If there was a system that allowed to watch another spec game while doing so it might be reasonable to wait 5 minutes. But atm it's just a bore to do so.

King Roofus

Recruiter

11-08-2011

3 minutes is enough...streamers use a 2-3 minute delay usually.

Hirengurth

11-08-2011

there could also be an additional random delay so they cant calculate exactly how far behind they are.

PRPatxi

11-08-2011

Elo lets try to do this when spec mode does not crash the game. I will spec and try to ghost the jungle.

Priority

11-08-2011

And make dominion delay 1 minute >_>