LoL Item Changer (Tool)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kael Enari

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReMeDyIII View Post
So there will, in fact, be an updated version? I don't care what the time table is. I just want to know if this thing will get updated.
Exactly my own concern.It's a great tool and I love it. I know there were a lot of changes to everything and I just to know that it is possible to have the tool work again.

IonDragonX

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kael Enari View Post
Exactly my own concern.It's a great tool and I love it.
I love yourbuddypal's program too. I find it to be more intuitive and polished than the alternatives. Very sleek.
I can't speak for yourbuddypal. This is his official word, which you already saw:
Quote:
**** Riot released their preseason changes! There are an enormous amount of changes and as of yet i have no timeline for when the item changer will be updated. ****
Quote:
I know there were a lot of changes to everything and I just to know that it is possible to have the tool work again.
A lot of changes is exactly what happened. This is not about adding new items and changing the description text (although there are a lot). Riot reformatted the API. They rewrote all the rules. What the program now has is a shell with objects and code that are probably not valid. Objects within the project have to be rewritten first. There used to be six slots for recommended items. They have multiplied, at least doubled.
This is a lot of work to ask of an unpaid man.
Be patient.

EzraTwitch

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonDragonX View Post
I love yourbuddypal's program too. I find it to be more intuitive and polished than the alternatives. Very sleek.
I can't speak for yourbuddypal. This is his official word, which you already saw:

A lot of changes is exactly what happened. This is not about adding new items and changing the description text (although there are a lot). Riot reformatted the API. They rewrote all the rules. What the program now has is a shell with objects and code that are probably not valid. Objects within the project have to be rewritten first. There used to be six slots for recommended items. They have multiplied, at least doubled.
This is a lot of work to ask of an unpaid man.
Be patient.

I agree, and would totally be willing to pay him except the donate link is broken

Kael Enari

12-05-2012

Oh no, sorry if it sounded like I was being impatient. I'm not at all skilled in the tech that goes on behind the scenes (don't even know what API stands for) but I can imagine how frustrating and time consuming it'll be. I'm just worried that there was so much code changed that the tool can't be updated.

Fizarak

12-05-2012

I certainly hope it can (and will) be updated too. If a few donations could help encourage/speed you along just say so. I donated once before, but I may can find a small amount to throw in again for you.

The app is awesome and almost never closes on my comp.

If that won't work then I beg you, think of the children!

IonDragonX

12-05-2012

Quote:
Oh no, sorry if it sounded like I was being impatient. I'm not at all skilled in the tech that goes on behind the scenes (don't even know what API stands for) but I can imagine how frustrating and time consuming it'll be. I'm just worried that there was so much code changed that the tool can't be updated.
Application_programming_interface is a protocol intended to be used as an interface by software components to communicate with each other.
Its like changing the dewy decimal system at the library. Or like changing everybody's address in town all at once. The new system probably makes all the logical sense, sure, but it's just work to give everything a new number. Here and Here are the two posts that show what is actually in these little text files that control everything.

YBP's LoLItemChanger can be updated for sure. I'm assuming that he wants to do just that.
The first issue is creating new objects for the project because each default build is actually four little ones now: Starting, Essential, Offensive and Defensive. Then there is the ability to add more little lists and renaming any one of those. None of which is current functionality.
The second issue is creating new code inside the objects to output the new API correctly. Teaching one program how to type is a fair analogy.
Third issue is actually the easiest, which is the correct resources and IDs must be found. This allows YBP's program to look so pretty.

Quote:
I agree, and would totally be willing to pay him except the donate link is broken
That's a screw up with the forums mis-formatting the link.
lolitemchanger@gmail.com is his paypal account, you could log onto paypal and donate that way OR boot up the current program, click continue (do not save anything) and use the donate in the menu bar.

IonDragonX

12-06-2012

Just for all of you fans of this tool:

I did get in touch with yourbuddypal today about Season 3 and he does want to update for it. So, Yay for that!

He is running behind his competition because the "guts" have to be rewritten. He also wants the UI to be polished and the ease of use to be par excellence.
This means work for him and patience for us. My apologies.

Please keep in mind that the holiday schedule and school mid terms are factors at this time of year. He's already really really short on time.

profGnardian

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonDragonX View Post
Just for all of you fans of this tool:

I did get in touch with yourbuddypal today about Season 3 and he does want to update for it. So, Yay for that!

He is running behind his competition because the "guts" have to be rewritten. He also wants the UI to be polished and the ease of use to be par excellence.
This means work for him and patience for us. My apologies.

Please keep in mind that the holiday schedule and school mid terms are factors at this time of year. He's already really really short on time.
Haha tell him no worries. I know the problem of school around this time.

But this was the best item changer before the new shop and I have faith that once it ends up being updated it will be the best for the new shop.

MustardWarrior

12-08-2012

I would love an item changer for season 3, however i completely understand the challenges of changing the entire format of the program, especially on limited time. Great job, OP, and keep up the good work.

Jotoo DAOC

12-08-2012

Your PaPal donation link seems to be broken