Is KDA a fair judge in Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

stoicScholar

11-07-2011

Story time!

So, yesterday I was playing a match of Dominion, I believe as Ashe. My team was losing, and while I don't consider myself to be a stellar player; I think I'm mediocre really, probably around 1200 ELO or so if I did ranked (27 :/); I was doing exceptionally poorly that game in terms of KDA: 0/6/?. After losing a capture point, the other team gloats a bit, and a player on my team simply says "bad Ashe".

At the time I had the highest score on my team, and that match I ended up placing 3rd on my team. The player who said "bad Ashe" had the lowest score by 100 or so. I called him out on it, but he just responded with my KDA and we lost anyways.

While obviously I was doing not so great, did the other player have the right to just blame the loss on me when I was capturing more points than him, and he was contributing much less to the team point wise?

KommunistKevin

11-07-2011

Points don't matter, neither do K/D/A unless the K/D/A is EXCEPTIONALLY high

FrozenXylaphone

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2011

The points don't determine how good you are doing, but neither does KDA.
Infact, not even your amount of captures do either.

For example, a good bot laner can occupy 3 enemies for most of the time and they may never cap that bot position. This person will be last score though because he didn't get to cap as many points(point capping rewards lots of points) even though he contributed the most to his team winning.

KommunistKevin

11-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenXylaphone View Post
The points don't determine how good you are doing, but neither does KDA.
Infact, not even your amount of captures do either.

For example, a good bot laner can occupy 3 enemies for most of the time and they may never cap that bot position. This person will be last score though because he didn't get to cap as many points(point capping rewards lots of points) even though he contributed the most to his team winning.
Yes but someone going something crazy like 30/0 and his teammates barely having any assists at all

I have seen really fed Eve's/Talons/Akali's just going nuts against teams of 5 squishies

FrozenXylaphone

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KommunistKevin View Post
Yes but someone going something crazy like 30/0 and his teammates barely having any assists at all

I have seen really fed Eve's/Talons/Akali's just going nuts against teams of 5 squishies
The example I gave was not the only way 1 person can have a low score but actually be doing the best nor does it mean it is impossible for the person with the highest score to actually be the best.
Sometimes the person with the lowest score could have been the best and sometimes the person with the good score can have been the best. The point though is that to just look at score or KDA and say "this person is good, this person is bad" is wrong.

As per your example, there could have been a player who was a major poker that just ended up dying before the player who eventually went 30/0 got there and cleaned up the enemies with 100 or less hp. Then that person got fed and eventually went 30/0. Does this mean the poker was bad because he had few assists and kills?
My point is just that there is many other factors you need to look at in determining who really made your team win. In the end, it is my opinion that to actually win, your team on average needs to be better than the enemy. But the better you do, the higher your team's average skill goes.

Lolkoopa

11-07-2011

I don't think KDA is really a fare judge in Dominion. Some people use it to falsely justify them carrying their team. I played with TF who went 20/8/x who said "you guys should be lucky that I carried you". Everyone on the team was like "...". TF didn't cap any turrets, ran away from team fights, cleaned up after fights and chased enemies the entire game.

BigDaddyRelish

11-07-2011

People need to realize that all that matters is that W.

Points, kda, none of it means **** if you lose. If I or an ally goes 0/20/0 with 10 points, I still won't give a **** if we win in the end.

ManaPowered

11-07-2011

There are 26 letter in the Alphabet and the only one that matters is W.

twickykid

11-07-2011

KDA only matters for your assassin roamers. Other than that it doesn't tell you anyting about how well they did.

If your bot is 0/10 and 0 caps he is probably failing.

aim1essgun

11-07-2011

KDA is just a piece of the puzzle. It does give you information though. But you have to put it into context. Did that guy die a lot because he kept wandering alone in the middle like a moron? Or did he die a lot because our team left him out to dry while he was trying to do his job and defend points?