What went wrong while writing Shyvana?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FearTheSkorpion

11-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zargil View Post
Jarvan is convinced that she is a bat, and not a dragon.

I mean, he's been slaying dragons for quite some time now. He should know better than anyone that "dragon" is absolutely the wrong title for her.
Wyvern. She's a frigging WYVERN. When will everyone get this?

belthazor3457

11-07-2011

To be totally honest, I think Riot's lore development team is overworked and understaffed and that this was really the best they could come up with given their timeframe and resources. When that happens it's really up to the community to repair it.

Riot Cidem

Web Content Assistant

11-07-2011

Well, it is said that Jarvan "strangely" knew exactly what she was and took her under his wing. This makes me think Jarvan met a Celestial Dragon before. My theory is that, during his journey, Jarvan slayed Shyvana's father during an epic battle. It's possible that he felt guilty about doing so, and is now watching over and training Shyvana to make up for it.

When Shyvana's Judgement does come out, I hope it addresses these things:

1. Her relationship with Jarvan. I'm thinking, since she's part of the Elite Guard, she acts as his bodyguard. She also may have secret feelings for him for saving her life and taking care of her.
2. The disaster that killed her family. I'm thinking she may have went off on an uncontrollable rage and accidentally killed them herself.
3. More into her motivations. She may have joined the League just to assist Jarvan, though I think there may be more to it than that.

Regarding Shyvana's bio itself, I agree it's a little generic, as we didn't learn all that much about the character herself. I also think they could have given her a better title as well. Something like "The Dragon's Fury" or "The Celestial Guard".

Wiseman Silo

11-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfwuzdat View Post
Jarvan is being impersonated by Leblanc remember?
Right but we don't know for how long. The point being made here is that not counting Leblanc's impersonation of him Jarvan is still considered to have a ******bag personality.

******s don't usually do out of their way to help people.

SethCypher

11-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cidem1324 View Post
1. Her relationship with Jarvan. I'm thinking, since she's part of the Elite Guard, she acts as his bodyguard. She also may have secret feelings for him for saving her life and taking care of her.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BodyguardCrush

o.O

Wiseman Silo

11-07-2011

IDEA-------------------------------

What if "Jarvan" didn't save her. What if Leblanc did. What if she's actually an agent for Leblanc?

Otherwise i'd atleast like to see Jarvan's reasoning of why he rescued her fleshed out more.

TheMegaMormon

11-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senkait View Post
It's because she's actually half bat, and Batman would never need a League judgement.
That's exactly what happened with Vayne.

Vuther

11-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethCypher View Post
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BodyguardCrush

o.O
DON'T GO TO THAT LINK PEOPLE, TRUST ME, THE FREE TIME LOST IS NOT WORTH IT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMegaMormon View Post
That's exactly what happened with Vayne.
She's a Batwoman, though.

LordHippoman

11-07-2011

Jarvan fights wild dragons. Shyvana just has dragon heritage, but she's not a wild animal.

Kazuman

11-07-2011

He's going to raise up her up for sport. Then as soon as she gets big and strong he has a new dragon to slay for some nice shiny scales and skin.