Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I want your Dominion thoughts and impressions!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mufasa02

01-17-2012

Is it possible for you guys to have different numbers on summoners spells between dominion and TT/SR?

Like ignite doing more damage in dominion than in classic, or heal having a wider area?

WaterD103

Recruiter

01-17-2012

Quote:
NotKevinGuy:
My thought is support needs a buff on dominion.
Sona is practically useless.
Soraka is okay early, but mid-late game excluding her silence is useless
Taric is not quite a tank, not quite a damage, and has a bad heal because of heal nerf.

Was the intention to get rid of healers? Because that's what's happened, my suggestion would be to perhaps nerf self heals and not heals in general.

I want to note that 2 of the best teams around play around Supports as core, as the point that some of the teams competing against them have banned Sona.
Moreso Sona is a popular pick in high elo.

urmamasllama

01-17-2012

Quote:
Veigar:

-What are your impressions of the balance on Dominion? (If you're a serious player that's gearing up for competitive Dominion, I especially want to hear from you!)
-What is your biggest pet peeve about Dominion?
-Are there any players out there who now play exclusively Dominion?

1. love it balance is about the same as on SR
2. no ranked
3. yes i play dom exclusively

ColossusSummoner

01-17-2012

its terrible when someone goes afk

seattlebadboy

01-17-2012

-What are your impressions of the balance on Dominion? (If you're a serious player that's gearing up for competitive Dominion, I especially want to hear from you!)

For the most part, I don't understand the buff in the middle as far as why its there.

No Warmog's. Reduced healing in dominion. Dr Mundo (my favorite) seems to suffer from this on his ultimate by having less HP to heal and lowered healing rates.

I got most of my level 30 through dominion exclusively and have spent most of my time in dominion. 700ish dominion games, only ~30 sr in comparison.

ShawNuff

01-17-2012

Honestly, it seems too soon to tell from a competitive level. I'm still finding champs or build options that are SUPER strong that I hadn't even considered (played a couple hundred Dom so far). With the 6 ban system though, it seems pretty even as far as picks go.

I hate the indecision of what to do once you have won the windmill fight. If you go back, the enemy floods the point and caps it back due to their faster respawn timer. If you don't go back, the enemies come back with full health and more items, and probably take it back.

Also, the fact that out of all the AP casters, only a couple really do well, and a lot are really meh. Also, a lot of the RDPS champs are outclassed in Dominion.

Lastly, I think the gold gain should go up a tad. Not to where it was before where hyper carries roamed the land 2shotting everything, but to where its not quite as rare to get a full build. I'm finding myself building more "early game" items, and not really getting to the point where I have to sell them for something better.

EDIT: NEED THE WARMOG EQUIVALENT (hate building frozen mallet just for the health)

I have a lv 20ish account that only plays Dominion games (not saying the name, but it gets matched with some of the best players on occasion). I find it more interesting than SR mainly because the strategy isn't set in a stone meta, so the game forces you to adapt to and create new strategies all the time. The game used to be super focused on late game hypercarries rushing late game items, now there are a lot more intermediate items (haunted guise for example) getting built on characters that carry earlier in the game.

-Thoughts from players who tried Dominion and feel like it just isn't their cup of tea. Are there any particular reasons that stand out? Fixable (wink wink) reasons?

Some of my friends say it doesn't take enough skill (as I watch them run around like headless chickens) or that it is imbalanced, but mostly that is because they are bad at the mode and haven't learned whats up in dominion. Ranked would probably solve some of these problems (hard to argue the game takes no skill to someone 800 elo higher than you). The balance issues are basically just a matter of adjusting the number of bans, or people banning good champs. The only issue I see with balance is that some champs are just plain bad in this mode like veigar and tristana (sorry fans) but I don't see a good way to fix that.

reticuli

01-18-2012

Dominion is much much more fun than SR. I no longer play SR!

Dominion needs ranked.

Dominion needs adjusted spawn timers.

Dominion needs to tweak minion spawn times, also minion cap rate. I think the minion cap rate is way too high and makes it near impossible to defend in a 1 v 2 since you lose your turret support so fast.

I want to be able to start dominion games FASTER. Have people cache part of the game before joining queue, or enable talking while the game loads.

Please add voip . . . I use it all the time in BF3 and Counter-Strike I can't comprehend why there is no voip it's such an important and basic feature.

Lastly that buff in the middle of Dominion takes too short a time to receive. You can almost never stop someone from taking it unless you are already right near them.

Sinornim

01-18-2012

Some Champions are just too good on Dominion, while others don't do enough damage or aren't tanky enough. Largely its the tankier champions who win Dominion unless the other team synergizes well.

My biggest stigma is the persistent presence of certain champions, preventing real variety; you always get a Wukong or LeBlanc, not to mention I often see teams have too many squishy champions on them and I have to suffer being the only tanky guy.

All I play is Dominion; its fast paced, no more of the last hitting **** unless you really want to, it doesn't seem required and you get into the action right away without having to wait for certain items.

I don't see much wrong with it, but please don't nerf or buff champions too much based on how they perform in Dominion; Mundo still has scars from Twisted Treeline.

Teetengee

01-18-2012

I have heard this suggestion before but I would like to repeat it:
Allow solo queuers to take over leavers spots with identical gold and xp after 30-60s of afk.

The scoring system needs work but again, I am not sure exactly what would fix that.

The inclusion of Dom only items that have unique actives that are movement based (such as flash, recall, or tp effects) could be interesting. (I understand that these might be to effective so care would obviously have to be taken in their addition to the game.)

Finally, dominion needs ranked to gain serious attention.

animegirl1998

01-18-2012

it's incredibly easy to abuse twitch and win 80% of your games