Akali WoTA vs Gunblade

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FowD8

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2011

idk, is it just me, or does it feel like WoTA would be the better choice since the nerf? the price is so much cheaper and it gives a fair bit more Spell Vamp than Gunblade now... considering most of her damage comes from spells than auto-attacks, the life leech doesn't seem that important

FowD8

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2011

alright, my analysis...

Cost
Gunblade: 3625
WoTA: 2100

Spell Vamp (including passive)
Gunblade: 28% (129.5 gold/%)
WoTA: 25% (84 gold/%)

AP
Gunblade: 70 (51.8 gold/AP)
WoTA: 80 (26.3 gold/AP)

as far as Spell Vamp and AP goes, WoTA seems to be the completely obvious choice

but then there's advantages of the Gunblade over WoTA... great Active (300 magic damage plus 50% slow), 40 atk damage, and 15% life steal... the atk damage and life steal doesn't seem too impressive when you consider most of Akali's damage is ability base so even her E gets the spell vamp bonus anyway (even though it's physical)

then there's WoTA's passive... 25% spell vamp and 30 AP to all surrounding party members... considering you should be with your party and not roaming solo, this is a massive bonus for your teammates and could be a game changer for your team

idk, i feel like WoTA is the better item... what do you guys think? (even though i'm pretty sure everyone's gonna say gunblade)

FowD8

11-07-2011

just played a game, was doing so good i got both Gunblade and WoTA... 70 Spell Vamp might be slightly overkill lol

Qazman

11-07-2011

Get both + rylais, Stomp noobs all day

KingDinger

11-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FowD8 View Post
just played a game, was doing so good i got both Gunblade and WoTA... 70 Spell Vamp might be slightly overkill lol
odd....2 uniques from the same tree SHOULD NOT stack.

must report this to riot so it can be fixed.

Atomicpuma

11-08-2011

Nerf all items!

Rivhi

11-08-2011

I just keep it at a Revolver until I have boots + Rylai's + Lich Bane + Deathcap. Once I have Rylai's the revolver on use isn't necessary. Sometimes I'll build it into a WotA before Deathcap if I have an especially AP oriented team without one already, but usually it's a bit later in the game.

FowD8

11-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingDinger View Post
odd....2 uniques from the same tree SHOULD NOT stack.

must report this to riot so it can be fixed.
what in the world are you talking about? gunblade's unique is 20% spell vamp... WoTA's unique is 25% spell vamp and 30 AP to all surrounding party members... how in the hell are they the same?

Inishi

11-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qazman View Post
Get both + rylais, Stomp noobs all day
This man speaks the truth.

Vuliev

11-08-2011

IMO, Gunblade's active alone makes it worth it, but remember, the lifesteal will apply to Lich Bane procs. Granted, that won't happen until end game when you have LB+GB, but it's actually very powerful. With the Gunblade nerfs, Gunblade should always be your 5th item. Get Revolver if you need it, but past that, do Rylai's>Deathcap>Lich Bane>Gunblade>Void Staff/GA.