Gangplank has every tool in the game (and is stupid)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

reks

09-28-2009

get banshee's veil, problem solved

JayceJa

09-28-2009

i think the one problem with gangplank that in itself is too strong is just how much parley can crit for early game, its not really fair that at level 3 he was nuking me for well over 200 after damage reduction

i could have been unlucky, but it wasn't a one out of a handful that crit'ed, it was every second or third

Exoframe

09-28-2009

Hits hard if all your runes are made for dmg and if you buy items for dmg sacrificing hp etc .

He's not op , he needs more buffs even , and the dmg is misleader , that's his only reliable source of dmg , most of the other champions have more skills that put together ammount in more damage .

Also how can a gangplank 1 shot anyone ? that's pure bs , if anyone has only 900(at best) hp in end game it's because he's lvl 4 or 5 and not in end game , stop coming up with fake stats .

And a gang either has low crit chance from runes or high crit dmg , not both (early game , because i stack crit dmg and then buy crit dmg items , but i'm not strong until lvl 12 or so , jjust the random crits before that make it able to do anything)

DT777

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-28-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truhls View Post
Lawl in higher level games your lucky if parrley crits for anything above 200 on a tank and 400-500 on a caster because OMG they know what GP Can do, and that is IF you see a GP in the first place. As most casters hit for more then that ( Eg, i have hit for over 3500 Primordial burst on veigar lawl ). Yet i dont see you guys cryin about that.

the whaaaaaaaammmmmbulance has arrived.
I see gankplank all the time, and I'm pretty high up there on the elo rankings. And I pretty much only play tanks. Sure, it doesn't matter getting hit by it late game, by then I have armor and mr. Parrley tickles at best. It's when it crits you for 1/2 your health at level three that it's a problem.

Late game develops from early game, and this game typically ends in the mid game. So early game is even more important. If you can force two of their heroes to have a horrible early game by killing them or making them go heal because Parrley eats off a seizable chunk from their health, you've done more than enough to warrant picking pirate. And that's not to mention how useful his ult and Raise Morale are in pushing.

Aiur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-28-2009

WOW! Rofl. Gangplank is NOT OP. He's purely item dominant. He has no reliable way of slowing an opponent and banks on a Parrrley crit to finish them. He's great if you suck.

AvariceX

09-28-2009

[Deleted Post]

I dislike my old self for being so condescending

Sordal

09-28-2009

Also gangplank seems pretty slow at the begining

ZGBudai

09-28-2009

Gangplank is my main champion and I can't believe you are acting like he is up there within the tiers of Ashe, Yi, Cho'Gath, Morgana, and Jax...

He's a variety hero like card master but definitely not overpowered.

He's a Jack-of-all-Trades but a King of none.

LeLLo

09-28-2009

I just did some simple math here, so correct me if I'm wrong.

To reach level 30 purely on wins, it takes 30 wins, right? For the purposes of making you look less retarded, I'm going to assume you played those first 30 in practice games. You have 55 exp at level 30, denoting a total of at most 55 "Normal" games. You may have had a few more practice, I don't know. What I DO know is you're sittin on a pretty 18 wins. 55-18=37, so we're looking at a 1-2 ratio here bud.

Please stop claiming to be good at something you're clearly not, claiming to make money via video games and blah blah blah. You're a scrub like the rest of us and no amount of posturing is going to change that.

Dakinston

09-28-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeLLo View Post
I just did some simple math here, so correct me if I'm wrong.

To reach level 30 purely on wins, it takes 30 wins, right? For the purposes of making you look less retarded, I'm going to assume you played those first 30 in practice games. You have 55 exp at level 30, denoting a total of at most 55 "Normal" games. You may have had a few more practice, I don't know. What I DO know is you're sittin on a pretty 18 wins. 55-18=37, so we're looking at a 1-2 ratio here bud.

Please stop claiming to be good at something you're clearly not, claiming to make money via video games and blah blah blah. You're a scrub like the rest of us and no amount of posturing is going to change that.
I was about to post something similar to this, so let me make a correction. You don't need to do any math here. Looking at AvariceX's 4 most recent games today (9/28) he gained over 1 xp in all but the most recent, meaning he just hit level 30 today. Regardless of his win loss ratio, clearly he has very little experience with the game, and his (hilarious) crying/elitism should be ignored.