Gangplank has every tool in the game (and is stupid)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Prisonal

09-28-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutto View Post
He's missing some type of meaningful disable.
Get Ryali/phage/frozen and he is better at catching people but all in all gangplank works best in 5 vs 5 situations because of raise morale and his ult.

Truhls

09-28-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvariceX View Post
Phage/Frozen Mallet + Boots of Swiftness and Parrrley....no one's getting away from you.

And lol at the thought of "getting owned in higher level games". I play every game I play at a pretty high level (after all, the $ for college is always nice), but that's beside the point. The point is Gangplank has more than enough escape options to prevent ever getting owned by...well pretty much anything.
ah the fact you made this thread at all tells me you dont. lol guess who is used in high level play! Cus GP Sure isnt on the list, wanna know why? Hes super easy to kill, his damage is easy to mitagate late game, he cant tank and do damage, he relies SOLELY on crits + a 55% RP to do all his damage, and he cant run away from sone like ASHE period, and stuns rape his face. and a silence totally ****s him over.

He cant disable ANYONE like other DPS Can, he cant DPS like other DPS Can, and he cant Tank like other DPS Can.

Hes mediocre at best, and you got owned by a scrub because you dont know how to deal with a GP you even said you didnt know what his abilities are.

AvariceX

09-28-2009

This post of mine was slightly less stupid, but still stupid.

TenToedPete1

Adjudicator

09-28-2009

Soooooo.... you played one game against gangplank, and he did well, then you played 1 game with him and did well....? im failing to see how you think that with only 2 games experience with a champion you can make a well informed decision about the relative power of that champion. I am not a top player, but i can comfterbly say i have dominated at least 1 game with 90% of the champions (excluding some such as soraka), but just because i have done extremely well with a certain champion, and probably seen other players do well with that champion does not mean that the certain champion is overpowered. Go play 10 games with gangplank, minumum, before you can have a well formed opinion of him.

I myself have played him a dozen times or so, and know for a fact that without the crit damage runepage he is severly lacking on damage. He relies on farming, and then critting with parley, or he is just a weak auto attacker. His ultimate is useful for assisting allies cross map, but due to its randomness is a little lackluster (coupled with how the enemies can see the aoe circle on the ground, and easily escape the radius). Overall, everyone of his skills is decent, but he does not exceed in any one function (unless rediculously farmed, as it sounds like he was in your experiences with him).

AvariceX

09-28-2009

I was actually going to do just that - play a bunch of games with Gangplank and see if I can find anything that threatens him. Because really, I didn't feel threatened once that entire game by anything, even all 5 of the other team coming at me at once - Remove Scurvy means that I am always safe. I wouldn't really call it 2 games experience either; while it is a different game for sure, LoL is similar to DotA (that's kinda the point) and I have hundreds (probably thousands actually) of DotA games under my belt and it's not really hard to carry over knowledge of similar concepts.

Shiny Carnage

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-28-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvariceX View Post
Being able to nuke and slow an entire team from across the entire map during a push (either attacking or defending) is terrible synergy.

/sarcasm

And if you're Gangplank has bad DPS you're building him wrong - all of his abilities scream "buy a bunch of +atk dmg s*** for me". In the aforementioned game I was doing over 400 base damage by the end of the game. (Not to mention critting for over 300 with Parrrley around level 3-5 due to having +crit runes).

Spoken like a true troll who read only half of the first paragraph.

I don't whine about s***. If this hero stays in the game I'll just play him and 11-2 every game I play; I have no qualms with using a hero who is clearly OP, but this is a beta and I'm offering feedback so that the game can be properly balanced and maybe actually be good.

Get your wins to about 90 and we'll see how successful you are with a glass cannon with one reliable nuke.

If there is one hero who is more or less fine, it's Gangplank, however his ultimate needs more reliance.

Dents Illusion

09-28-2009

His parrley crits do way too much damage end game imho. No one champion should be able to 1-shot people with a single move when it crits like his. Also his ult got over buffed, it has three advantages and a pretty short cooldown, it can slow, do a **** ton of damage, and can be done anywhere on the map. Personally I think that is too much for one champion's ult.

Dagger Jaydo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-28-2009

I was watching a GP crit the majority of the time for 600 midgame and 900+ endgame.

I don't know how this is possible, but it makes baby jesus cry at night.

mermin

09-28-2009

all i know is parley hits way too ****in hard

Truhls

09-28-2009

Lawl in higher level games your lucky if parrley crits for anything above 200 on a tank and 400-500 on a caster because OMG they know what GP Can do, and that is IF you see a GP in the first place. As most casters hit for more then that ( Eg, i have hit for over 3500 Primordial burst on veigar lawl ). Yet i dont see you guys cryin about that.

the whaaaaaaaammmmmbulance has arrived.