AP Sona

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotFpMcgee

Associate QA Strategist

Follow RiotFpMcgee on Twitter

11-07-2011

Seems like it's been working pretty well for me. Anyone else have any thoughts?

Melvear

11-07-2011

I've had good games with her as well. She has nice control or burst with power cords, ok sustainability with her heal (better than pretty much anyone) and high mobility.

I just need to optimize my build order. I always start with tear+boots, and I've been building Rylai's first, but I'm not convinced that's the way to go.

RiotFpMcgee

Associate QA Strategist

Follow RiotFpMcgee on Twitter

11-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvear View Post
I've had good games with her as well. She has nice control or burst with power cords, ok sustainability with her heal (better than pretty much anyone) and high mobility.

I just need to optimize my build order. I always start with tear+boots, and I've been building Rylai's first, but I'm not convinced that's the way to go.
I've been rushing sheen + CDR boots > Rabadons > finish LB then just build rylais.

Very strong against Melee, but gets pooped on by burst casters like annie.

Melvear

11-07-2011

cdr boots over sorc? And also, no tear? figured it was so easy to get the mana to stack and it helps her spamming non stop.

Stimuz

11-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvear View Post
cdr boots over sorc? And also, no tear? figured it was so easy to get the mana to stack and it helps her spamming non stop.
It's very easy to hit 1k with tear as sona. The problem is it's only worth going tear if you're going manamune AD. The costs are too high when your core items are archangels + rabadons + lichbane. GL ever getting some survival items.

Melvear

11-07-2011

What about just getting the tear then? Without upgrading to AA?

maxusmaximus

11-07-2011

I always feel so lacklustre the first couple of teamfights the few times i tried getting tear, doesnt seem worthwhile at all as your gimping yourself for some mana, which i dont think you need too much in dom anyway, just grab health packs if your low. i usually grab prospectors ring and boots rush sheen, sorc boots, needlessly large rod, finish lich bane, deathcap then some survivability/cdr. Depends on the other team though. If theyre tanky i grab rylai's and other tanky items with mpen.