Death by VOIDLING!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NetherGate

11-07-2011

There are only 3*** ways to increase voidling damage in a game that I know of.

1) Spam as many voidlings as you can! Max your cdr, get unlimited mana, and let them fly.

2) Stay within close enough proximity that your voidlings keep attacking. If you bob in and out, the voidlings are still somewhat useful for absorbing damage and randomly blocking skill shots, but you lose all damage. And they DO do decent damage when well spammed and allowed to go to work.

3) Surprise!!! Starks. Indirect. There is no way to boost a voidlings individual stats, or give it armor pen or anything like that, BUT you can increase damage your voidlings you do by using Starks passive which reduces the armor of nearby champions by 20. No effect on minions unfortunately, however throw a throwing Malefic Visions on the the enemy champions face will help a lot.

***(4) It has recently been brought to my attention that since I created this build back in the day that Mal'z voidlings got buffed at some point so that they scale with AD (around a 1:1 ratio, or close too it.) and also Armor Pen, though to a lesser extent. I will update this further soon.

Items I recommend for this build;

Core Items;

FROZEN HEART!!!. ---- lots of cdr and mana to spam, and lots of protection from AD which you desperately need.

STARKS!!! ----- As I said. Well, this is optional, but necessary for a "pure" build. (technically though, if you are constantly spamming abilities, you dont have much time to get much use out of your attack speed, but the health regen on it is nice, and its great in team fights to boost your team mates.)

Secondary options;

Will of of the Ancients, or Hextech Gunblade ---- You need that to recover health.

Shurelya's Reverie--- More cdr, a good chunk of health, good health regen, some mana regen to keep you from tapping your mana reserve dry, and an escape mechanism which is nice for malz.

Mercury treads--- These go a Long way to protect you from AP champs for the price.

Ionic Boots---- A great cheap way to get you to spamming.

Abysal Scepter--- This helps give your abilities a noticable difference in punch, and has the mag res you need.

Force of Nature--- Tankiness. Another option to fill the Mag Res hole missing from your core items.

Thornmail --- You heard me. If those AD champs are killing you too often reguardless of your Frozen Heart, Get this too.

Rylai's Scepter --- A very good option. Slows enemies so that the voidlings can hit them a little bit more, Health (you need it) and while AP is not central on this build, it never hurts on Malzahar.

Zhonya's Hourglass ---- I dont really use this item. And I've never used it on Malz, however, I could see benefits from everything it offers, if you are good at timing its active. The armor is always good, a big chunk of AP, just good on Malz, and the active could save your but while your voidlings might have a chance to finish the opponents off in some situations, possibly with the help of malefic visions.

Masteries; 9-0-21, 3-6-21, or 3-21-6. All viable, just think our your item build and runes ahead of time so that you will max your cdr.

Rune recommendations; Mag Res, Health, Cool Down Reduction, Movement Speed, (all per level when possible. Try different balances of these in your build. Adjust to fill problem area's as they arise in matches. Mag pen marks are usually best on Malz, but it takes away from the focus, and you need the tankiness, so flat mag res marks work very well.

NOTE:
This build still wont hold usually against super high elo AD champs if you arent in group, but it actually starts getting tanky with a ton of harrass, utility and disables.

*******************DOUBLE NOTE!!!!!!********************
This is a build I created close to a year ago and just now read articles that claim that Voidling scale with AD and Armor Pen now. I've seen other postings reguarding AD Malz, and if you take a good look you will find they are distinctly different than mine, so Im confident that its still valid. Give it a shot, its fun. I will be testing build modifications to get some extra punch out of the voidlings, but off the top of my head, simply swapping out the Starks with a Manamune would be a great way to go since it would get extra damage from the mana supplied from Frozen Heart. Leave the rest pretty much the same so that the tankiness can keep you in close proximity and keep those voidlings hitting.

Another player had a great thread for AD Malz, if you want higher damage voidlings instead of this tankier build, check it out;
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=913719

BeepBeepIamAjeep

11-07-2011

Ad on malz scale 1:1 with the voidling

Louis from L4D

11-07-2011

If you spent less time making the same topic over and over and actually read the forums, there was a huge post about how the voidlings scale with AD just a day or two ago on the front page.

NetherGate

11-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis from L4D View Post
If you spent less time making the same topic over and over and actually read the forums, there was a huge post about how the voidlings scale with AD just a day or two ago on the front page.
Thank you for your info, I will check that out. It would be awesome if voidlings now scale with AD. I havent posted this topic before actually.
I designed this build a year ago, Ive been playing for a while. I have a thread which asked peoples opinion on what the best Malz build was. This is not my best malz build by the way. I appreciate the info, think you could convey it in a little more positive manner?

Louis from L4D

11-07-2011

I could if I didn't refresh the page and see two identical threads linking to another thread you started about personal scores.... =)

NetherGate

11-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis from L4D View Post
I could if I didn't refresh the page and see two identical threads linking to another thread you started about personal scores.... =)
Did you read it? I stickied those after a reader recommended that I do exactly that with the thread. I didnt know I had 2 identical threads linking them there. There is no point for that. What is the link title, and do u know how I can erase it?