How to fix the 'no penalty for all carry team' in Dominion suggestion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WillieStyle

11-07-2011

I have played numerous dominion games and the team that picks 3-4 carrys seems to always win (over 90%). They usually suck wind early game and we get a huge lead, but then the Dominion faster level and gold makes all the carry's end game gods and then they take over and win. (I've had games lose 200 point leads).

My suggestion to fix this is: Stop making it so that the nexus loses health for whoever has tower advantage. If a team has 1 turret and the other team has the rest, their nexus should still lose health from the 1 turret. That way, if you have had a lead all game and then the end game carry's start dominating and you can only hold 2 towers, then you still have a chance at winning. Stopping the Nexus health loss because you don't have 3 towers is stupid IMO and creates imbalance. Every turret owned should have a loss of nexus health associated with it per minute.

In other words, all turrets owned should cause the opposing team to lose Nexus health to fix the carry problem. Give the team that picks all carry's a penalty for doing so instead of just letting them sit back and say, "it's okay, we'll win later".

Thanks.

Nekrogen

11-07-2011

Picking a team full of early game champions can have its own advantage of having less than 10 minute games. Aside from that, there is a reason late game champions should be incorporated into every team. If their whole team consists of late game carries and you have 0-1 carries, then you'd better win before they can get big (it is very possible). Otherwise you probably shouldn't have picked all early game champions :P.

It is important to have a balance of early game and late game champions, but the team that consists fully of carries can be easily defeated by mass capture and lock down.

Tautochrone

11-07-2011

There is no carry-stacking problem. You should have done one of the following...

1) Stomped them hard enough early game to still win end-game.
2) Itemize your champ with the appropriate defensive items to counter those carry champs
3) Picked a carry champ

WillieStyle

11-07-2011

In public games, you can't control who other people pick. You can itemize all you want, but if you have an Akali end game versus a Tank end game, Akali will win...

So yes, there is a carry stacking problem. You even admit it when you say "3) Picked a carry champ"

Early game wins are hard to come by and you need skilled players to pull it off. Pub games hardly do that...

AstaorthX

11-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillieStyle View Post
My suggestion to fix this is: Stop making it so that the nexus loses health for whoever has tower advantage. If a team has 1 turret and the other team has the rest, their nexus should still lose health from the 1 turret. That way, if you have had a lead all game and then the end game carry's start dominating and you can only hold 2 towers, then you still have a chance at winning. Stopping the Nexus health loss because you don't have 3 towers is stupid IMO and creates imbalance. Every turret owned should have a loss of nexus health associated with it per minute.

In other words, all turrets owned should cause the opposing team to lose Nexus health to fix the carry problem. Give the team that picks all carry's a penalty for doing so instead of just letting them sit back and say, "it's okay, we'll win later".

Thanks.
That defeats the purpose of the game....I understand that Arathi Basin works this way (if one team has 3 and the other has 2 the team with 2 gains points periodically but much slower than the team with 3). But I like the fact that its like this because then you have to do well the WHOLE game and not just 75% and then turtle 2 capture points when they try to make a come back. Especially since 2 of the nodes that youd be able to turtle are close to your base youd be able to come back to life and walk only a small distance and continue to just play defense when they have 50 nexus life and you have 350.

WillieStyle

11-07-2011

I see your point there AstaorthX, but turtling is the same as defending the points you already own. Also, if you have 350 and they have 50, shouldn't you win for doing good for the majority of the game? I think you should! As it is now though, if they have godlike carry's then your 350 to 50 will turn into 0 to 50... Is that fair?

AstaorthX

11-07-2011

What you're saying is like if a major sporting team should be able to score a bunch of points in the first 1-2 quarters or 5-7 innings and be able to slack or not should NOT be able to lose just because the other team did poorly. Maybe their players are just better towards the end of the game, better under pressure. You dont just declare the winning team the winner before they actually win.

EDIT: Also wanted to point out, defending 3 with 5 is much harder than turteling 2 with 5. And the reason its not considered turteling when you have 3 points is because your spreading your team out very thin so its easier to find a weak point...where as if you did 3 mid 2 bot you could easily send one to bot to assist or vice versa.

Melvear

11-07-2011

Brack actually said they had tried that model but didn't like it because you could sit on your lead with virtually no way for the other team to come back. Forcing teams to hold 3 means they have to spread ressources, enabling the other team to come back.

Hobocop

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2011

This model would basically turn Dominion into Summoner's Rift where you can get enough of a lead and just sit on it and coast to victory.