Riven Noxian solider or Resident?

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fenix12345

Senior Member

11-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNarvalOfDeath View Post
How can you tell that? Where did you read that? The only real thing against Swain is the fact that he wants to kill Jarvan IV. Other than that we know he wants to be ruler of Noxus, we know he has been deeply involed in the plot with LeBLanc to place himself on Darkwill's position and nothing more.

The fact that he is following the machiavellic doctrine to get there doesnt mean he wants to corrupt Noxus at all. "The ends justify the means": May be he wants to "restore" Noxus' golry at any cost. May be he sees himself as the only one able to do that (which would be much closer to his personality than the typical "he is just and ambitious ******bag" description)

Anyhow, there is nothing that truly points Swain as one of Riven's enemies/targets. I really stick to my previous post. Why would Riven be against Swain? He was the star officer UNTIL Ionia, where he had no intervention at all, so he couldnt posibly have been a part of the terrible actions that took place there. Therefore Riven shouldnt see Swain as a part of the corrupted Noxus.

Remember that the desicions on the ionian conflict were taken under Darkwill's government and there is strong evidence here that Swain was against Darkwill.
Swain is a power mongerer and has used every devious tactic and every cowardly scheme to rise in the ranks, he secretly killed (speculative whether he's dead or not) off Kat and Cass's dad so he could advance in position, then organised Boram Darkwill's death so he could take over in the ensueing turmoil, then attempted to frame Jarvan IV with the help of Leblanc for starting the war in Kalamanda. And so far he has refused to be connected with any of these events even though every peice of evidence points to him. Riven fights for Noxus but her methods are honorable, she would not approve of Swain's tactics and would prefer more traditional means such as Readsel's direct challenge to Darkwill.

Swain has made it obvious from the very start that he doesn't care at all about the state of Noxus or what he has to do to get to the top, he just wants power and will do anything at all to get it. The two would probably not be direct enemies but Riven would definately on no occasion form an alliance with him, remember she was part of the military and Boram Darkwill was possibly the most celebrated being in Noxus's whole history. If Riven found out about Swain's involvement in Darkwill's death she would not be happy at all.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheNarvalOfDeath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenix12345 View Post
Swain is a power mongerer and has used every devious tactic and every cowardly scheme to rise in the ranks, he secretly killed (speculative whether he's dead or not) off Kat and Cass's dad so he could advance in position, then organised Boram Darkwill's death so he could take over in the ensueing turmoil, then attempted to frame Jarvan IV with the help of Leblanc for starting the war in Kalamanda. And so far he has refused to be connected with any of these events even though every peice of evidence points to him. Riven fights for Noxus but her methods are honorable, she would not approve of Swain's tactics and would prefer more traditional means such as Readsel's direct challenge to Darkwill.
Fair enough but all this stills fits on my "ends justfy means" theory. Besides, other than him framing Demacia to start a war nothing can really be confirmed. I myself recongnize all of those things you mentioned as obvious and true but there hasnt been an "official" confirmation and so it remain as "strongly based" speculation.

And the fact that he doesnt recognize any of those actions he probably made doesnt mean he is a coward. Remember he is the Master Tactician, who climbed on noxian military ranks faster than anyone (just a phrase but he really advanced fast). Hell, many higher rank officers asked for demotions just to join his unit.

(Dont mess with my Swainy xD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenix12345 View Post
Swain has made it obvious from the very start that he doesn't care at all about the state of Noxus or what he has to do to get to the top, he just wants power and will do anything at all to get it. The two would probably not be direct enemies but Riven would definately on no occasion form an alliance with him, remember she was part of the military and Boram Darkwill was possibly the most celebrated being in Noxus's whole history. If Riven found out about Swain's involvement in Darkwill's death she would not be happy at all.
But Boram Darkwill was also the ruler of Noxus when the orders that horrified Riven were taken u.u

Anyway, you do bring a good point about the methods each one would aprove and Riven probably wouldnt like what Swain is doing, even if Swain manages to take control of Noxus and gives Noxus back his "old glory".


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wiseman Silo

Senior Member

11-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenix12345 View Post
Swain has made it obvious from the very start that he doesn't care at all about the state of Noxus or what he has to do to get to the top, he just wants power and will do anything at all to get it. The two would probably not be direct enemies but Riven would definately on no occasion form an alliance with him, remember she was part of the military and Boram Darkwill was possibly the most celebrated being in Noxus's whole history. If Riven found out about Swain's involvement in Darkwill's death she would not be happy at all.

Until you know Swain's motives you really can't say that he's jsut a power monger. As far as i'm concerned with what little info we have to whats going on he's doing EXACTLY what every noxian dreams of doing just in the shadows instead of in the light. for all we know Swain is actually using control of Noxus as step one to create a giant pentagram across the continent so that he can bring the true horrors of the void on the world.

Mind you this is using just a vague idea of what it is to be noxian. Riven in this regard would not be a city state rep. because when I say City-state rep I mean people who represent the government not the people.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SethCypher

Senior Member

11-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiseman Silo View Post
Mind you this is using just a vague idea of what it is to be noxian. Riven in this regard would not be a city state rep. because when I say City-state rep I mean people who represent the government not the people.
Wouldn't that be currently everyone who doesn't fight under Swain's banner then?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cidem1324

Web Content Assistant

11-10-2011

While Riven still loves Noxus, she dislikes what Noxus has become. She fights to turn Noxus to her pure ideal vision of it, where "the strong prevail", not "victory by any means".

So, as a self-appointed exile, Riven isn't a City-State Champion for the current Noxus. Should Noxus change, however, she may return and be a champion for it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wiseman Silo

Senior Member

11-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethCypher View Post
Wouldn't that be currently everyone who doesn't fight under Swain's banner then?
In my opinion it counts anyone with a government affiliation. So Swain would count but Leblanc doesn't count until Swain takes over.


12