@Riot: Will Twisted Treeline EVER Get Any Love?

12345 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yefo

11-06-2011

Twisted Treeline... the black sheep of Riot's maps. Loved and played only by a select few, so it often is ignored when it comes to balance, patches, etc.

However, it's time Twisted Treeline gets some quality of life improvements. This map is poorly balanced and full of problems and has been ignored for too long. Many of the solutions below have been mentioned in the past, but I decided to compile them and try to get an official response from Riot.

Suggested Changes For Twisted Treeline

Twisted Treeline Map Changes/Tweaks
One example of this would be to move the fountain further away from the Nexus to decrease the effectiveness of turtling. Another example would be to increase the width of some walls to reduce the effectiveness of champions with blinks and of Flash.

Increase the Strength of the Dragon
Right now Dragon is extremely valuable in TT, providing huge team gold and a teamwide damage increase buff. However, it is also extremely easy to kill, probably too easy for the amount of reward it gives. One champion with wriggles at level 5 should not be able to easymode solo the dragon (I'm not saying this happens a lot since it should be warded as soon as it spawns anyway... but that's not the point. It's way too easy to kill.)

Create Twisted Treeline Specific Items, Like Dominion Has
This would include not only new items, but limiting old items. I'm not going to say Wriggles is full blown "OP", but... Twisted Treeline might be a better place without it. Also, new items, if designed properly, could potentially enhance the value of lesser-played champions on TT and help balance overall champion effectiveness.

Change Normal Twisted Treeline Matches to Draft Mode Only
Riot has stated multiple times that they do not want to add another queue for Twisted Treeline because it would fragment the TT community too much; there just aren't enough players. However, why not just get rid of blind pick and change it to draft mode? One thing that would really help balance TT (for normals) would be the ability to ban and counterpick champions. Right now, blind pick is always feels like "Hmm... I'd like to try some new champions... but if the other team are tryhards and take Singed, Lee Singer, and Rumble, we're going to insta-lose".

Those are a few of the ideas thrown around by people of the TT community. I will bump this thread once every couple of days until TT fans get an answer. Will our beloved map ever get any attention?

TL;DR: Will Twisted Treeline ever see any changes, or has Riot decided to just let sunk costs be sunk costs and move on?

Whitebird Alpha

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-06-2011

Not bad. I'm still concerned about balance(RIP Mundo).

MrSalty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2011

no....nobody cares about TT

Yefo

11-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitebird Alpha View Post
Not bad. I'm still concerned about balance(RIP Mundo).
Yeah, Mundo got nerfed because he was too good on TT... now he's trash on pretty much all maps.

As a TT player, I apologize for this.

That said, he used to be Godmode OP back when TT first came out lol

Svetsunov

11-06-2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-XgvHPt1cg

Tigerlotus

Recruiter

11-06-2011

Get tryn, Free win.

Waffle Euphoria

11-06-2011

I'd love to see TT get some love. I actually enjoy playing it from time to time when I tire of my usual SR gameplay, or when I only have 2 other friends online. That said the balancing, and lack of bans for Normal games does often tempt me away anyway.

Waffle Euphoria

11-06-2011

Bumping because I care.

Fubgun

11-06-2011

bump cus i care also

Snes C

11-06-2011

Twisted Treeline is like Jan Brady, constantly living in the shadow of its older sibling, never getting any attention.

12345 ... 9