I can't stand getting kited.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FoxyLocksy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2011

As a Garen player, I feel that he's just an average pick in dominion. Why? Well...

1. Kiting is too powerful against Garen. In later phases of the game I feel that when people grab rylais or Frozen Mallet it's just impossible to fight out in the open against other people. So I have to camp the bush.
2. Armor is too easy to get. Garen is a long cool-down combo based champion in almost all physical damage. It's too easy to mitigate most of his damage output in Dominion. Garen cannot out-scale armor through damage.

But seriously, I can't stand getting kited.

MindlessLegend

11-06-2011

Yah champs like kass,shaco,akali,jax and many others that have gap closers and can stun or flash away are pretty good for dominion, not too much champs with no gap closers like mord and such are the best, maybe you can play them tanky like Warmongs Garen and do good but you can not get away with being squishy unless you have a good gap closer/escape/cc ect.

TouchinMyself

11-06-2011

In early dominion he did really well. Against the current FoTM not so well

FoxyLocksy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindlessLegend View Post
Yah champs like kass,shaco,akali,jax and many others that have gap closers and can stun or flash away are pretty good for dominion, not too much champs with no gap closers like mord and such are the best, maybe you can play them tanky like Warmongs Garen and do good but you can not get away with being squishy unless you have a good gap closer/escape/cc ect.
Tanky warmogs atmas Garen is ok. Not enough damage early game. A simple chain vest will ruin anything you try until you get the 5k gold you need.

TouchinMyself

11-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxyLocksy View Post
Tanky warmogs atmas Garen is ok. Not enough damage early game. A simple chain vest will ruin anything you try until you get the 5k gold you need.
Tanky garen is still OK bottom. Start with phage and you get awful tanky for a level 3 OK damage and if that slow goes off you can usually get a kill from it. I know many people just rush warmogs but an early FM before getting warmogs does help a lot.

ElJiggles

11-06-2011

I tend to stack the heck out of cooldown reduction when I play Garen on dominion. It doesn't make him amazing, but it helps him chase better, and he gets to use his ult more often.

Buru Diman

11-06-2011

Garen is more of a defender champion in Dominion. You should build tanky. That and your shield will let outlast an enemy while defending your point.
You shouldn't be chasing enemies with anyone out of your point anyway. Besides, Garen relies on the "element of surprise"; so after capturing Windmill, look for a nice bush near the place and wait an enemy thinking he is about to get into the health relic..

Sus4

11-06-2011

If I wanted to chase as Garen I'd build Ghostblade then Mallet. GB gives you the speed, it's active is up fairly often and its ArPen will help a bit vs your opponents armour.

I hate this on Olaf too, who is even less manuverable than Garen. Remember though, that capping and holding points is your goal here, not chasing champs. So as long as you can scare them away, why chase? I remember a game I played against a capping Yi stacking phantom dancers and pricilla's blessing. He would spend ages kiting my stupid teammates, drawing them away from key engagements.

Don't chase!

Seņor Pancho

11-07-2011

may I not recommend nasus then?

TouchinMyself

11-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sus4 View Post
If I wanted to chase as Garen I'd build Ghostblade then Mallet. GB gives you the speed, it's active is up fairly often and its ArPen will help a bit vs your opponents armour.

I hate this on Olaf too, who is even less manuverable than Garen. Remember though, that capping and holding points is your goal here, not chasing champs. So as long as you can scare them away, why chase? I remember a game I played against a capping Yi stacking phantom dancers and pricilla's blessing. He would spend ages kiting my stupid teammates, drawing them away from key engagements.

Don't chase!
FM first IMO. Even if you use the active on GB if they flash/ghost away you're left standing with nothing. With FM even if they flash or ghost you can usually catch them with your Q and reapply the FM proc. The arpen is not really needed until later in the game because of the dominion debuff, even if they have some early armor that debuff should be enough.