Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Would you consider this to be a Ryze troll build?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

adhlas

11-06-2011

So yesterday, I was playing a game and their team was full AD.

I got Ninja Tabi, Tear, Frozen Heart, then just to see what would happen, picked up two Glacial Shrouds. I know the CDR is Unique, but the Mana and Armor are both pretty good for the situation given the cost...so my teammates thought I was trolling while I did 400 damage per overload and my other abilities had similar strength.

My guess is that I would have benefited from getting a different item, but what would it be? Zhonya's? Morello's Evil Tome? Moonflair Spellblade? (Tenacity might have been useful). Straight AP or CDR item? Hextech/Will of the Ancients?

Buru Diman

11-06-2011

Well you should just picked a Thornmail and a Catalyst at least if you wanted armor and mana. Frozen heart and Thornmail are good enough if the enemy is not gettinng armor pen, anything more would be overkill.

FDru

11-06-2011

More HP is nice but, sadly, stacking frozen hearts is not only not trolling but perfectly viable on Ryze.

WaterD103

Recruiter

11-06-2011

That is troll build

Vydelar

11-06-2011

That's building to counter. Perfectly viable.

newbin

11-06-2011

Quote:
Buru Diman:
Well you should just picked a Thornmail and a Catalyst at least if you wanted armor and mana. Frozen heart and Thornmail are good enough if the enemy is not gettinng armor pen, anything more would be overkill.

I strongly agree just thornmail and Catalyst-->RoA would have work great. Since thornmail's damage is magic, getting spell pen would really sinergize with ryze increasing your overall dps across the board and really punish AD's for attacking you.

Keep in mind as well armor and magic resist value increases greatly with hp and is almost useless without it.

Nekrogen

11-06-2011

There is nothing wrong with getting another Frozen Heart if their team is full AD, but I would considering also getting a Will of the Ancients simply because you will recover health faster than they are dealing it (or close to it). Whether or not you get an Odyn's veil or RoA is fully dependent on whether they have any AP abilities or not.

Darmival

11-06-2011

troll build, effects that don't stack ( glacial shroud ) cut into cost effectiveness making other items equal or better

Wolfalisk

11-06-2011

It's not a troll build I would say, you had the right idea investing twice in an item that gives you armor + Mana (damage for Ryze).

What I'm more interested in is whether or not you bought both Glacial Shrouds consecutively, or apart, as well as what the rest of yours items were. Two heavy armor items without building any health in-between on a Champion with a naturally low health pool is questionable.

MrSmileyy

11-06-2011

Quote:
Darmival:
troll build, effects that don't stack ( glacial shroud ) cut into cost effectiveness making other items equal or better

that doesnt account for ryze's unique benefits from doing so.