Seriously, I can't figure out why people find Dominion fun.

123456 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mísanthropic

11-06-2011

Faster games. More intensity. Start at level 3 with more gold, and you reach level 18 in no time. If you get a sh*tty team, you can half-ass the game and make it easy for the enemy team to win so that you can move on to the next game because games don't last that long. Surrender-denying is less effective in Dominion; /surrender barely even exists in Dominion, tbh. Less time in a fail game means less stress. Dominion doesn't require that much time to be committed, and it's not a farm-fest in Dominion. You don't spend 10+ minutes last-hitting and farming creep waves. You get into team fights more often. It's just the better game mode now, imho. Only players that're afraid to learn a new mode won't play Dominion, because otherwise Dominion's too much fun to miss out on.

EDIT: Also... unlike Twisted Treeline, Dominion's a 5v5 just like Summoner's Rift. So you have the same level of action and excitement as that of Summoner's Rift. Twisted Treeline's only 3v3, which can feel not as intense as a 5v5.

A Retarded Clown

11-06-2011

it's short fast and fun and the balance isn't as bad as you make it look. However they really need to make a ranked for it otherwise there's really no incentive to play...because it's fun but not THAT fun,

I don't ever play SR normals either they just feel so unweighted whether you win or lose it just doesn't matter so gets kind of uncompetetive.

Sing a Ming

11-06-2011

because it's fast, it's fun...

TacoBellAssassin

11-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xbawks View Post
Unless you're playing draft, you'll be seeing the same champions over and over.

You never know if you're going to win, even if the enemy has sub 100 nexus health all game.
It's stressful for me and I really can't understand why playing it is more fun than SR.
your last point!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! exactly why i hate it, its SO rage enducing its not even fun, like in SR, you get top tower, bot tower, 2 dragons, its a pretty good feeling and you will only lose team fights if you really mess up

but in dominion its like a bunch of 5 year olds running everywhere trying to do too much and making way too many mistakes, my friend ALWAYS bugs me about playing it and i tell him no over and over

i just really hate how insane the comeback can be, especially if you control 3 points the whole time, then all of a sudden their jax and yi or whoever is op just start wiping the floor and make a 300 point comeback to win. its just frustrating as hell

Iskobel

11-06-2011

It's fun after I've been drinking heavily and stop caring.

MathMage

11-06-2011

Quote:
Which is why I draft.

Quote:
You never know if you're going to win, even if the enemy has sub 100 nexus health all game.
It's stressful for me and I really can't understand why playing it is more fun than SR.
All about map awareness and objective control. People think it's about zerg rushing, but I've found that zerg rushers get baited into bad fights all the time. I don't think it's more fun than SR, just a different kind of fun. And I'm really looking forward to seeing if the meta grows when a competitive ladder is put in place.

ropendo

11-06-2011

i see many type of champs, some don't see play because they are high skills or easy to kill if play incorrectly, many champs that are not seen as worthy to play, played by a skill player can and will dominate, some champs excel at this type of mode because of mobility or damage, that makes them fun, some can take over late game. I find it fun to play dominion because i get to play those champs and find the right way to play them, to some that's tedious. I am not one of them.

Zerdo

11-06-2011

Quote:

The same complaints could be made about SR....

We don't have to worry about any of the "meta" junk in dominion, and an hour long game isn't lost on a single teamfight.

JediDwag

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2011

The reason I like it is because it's bite sized fun. If your team is bad you aren't stuck with the for very long, and you have time to play 1 or 2 more in the amount of time it would've taken you to have a single protracted demoralizing loss on summoners rift.

The Stormchaser

11-06-2011

Draft mode only viable option for dominion. Still cry when jax no get banned, always lose, for stupid gp ban...

But there is strategy despite popular belief

123456 ... 8