Is Orianna Dominion Viable?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NetherGate

11-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvinheimer View Post
I have not seen a one.

I'm contributing!
lol

KrYoS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2011

I'm yet to see Oriana in Dominion after around 150 games, believe it or not.

twickykid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2011

Build her support and forget trying to build her damage. Her shield is super strong on this map where healing is very poor.

Shield is such a low cool down. Her W will make or break team fights. She can also hold a turret by herself for the longest. I have held 1v2 at top a lot. Her Q is on such a low cd that no one can ever hope to cap.

I build her tanky/cooldown reduction. Hexsweeper is such an awesome item for her. Gives you everything you want for stats. Frozen Heart is also key to the build.

She is very viable but no where near the same build or play style as SR.

c0mmon

11-07-2011

really bad in dominion, wait till buffs

MrSmileyy

11-07-2011

She's good in dominion, top or bot. I build her tanky AP.

Bot, great for pushing and harassing, burst can take out some of the more dangerous bot laners, landing her ball on opponent side forces them to be more cautious and try go around it.

Top, she goes very well with bruisers and dashers, Use her E to both protect them and as a fast way to get the ball in, her R can win turret fights offense and defense.

With that said, be cautious, she's liable to be counterpicked by some more popular champs, like kassadin, and if your team lacks sufficient bruisers her top viability takes a hit. I tend to pick her when I am one of the last picks to make sure the comp fits her.

A Flock of Birds

01-19-2012

Just tried her, wrecked bot lane and got double kill when someone ganked, cdr and mana regen is what she needs.

Glumduk

01-19-2012

I've been in a few games with an Orianna.
Didn't win any of them.

Her strengths in SR don't translate to Dominion.

Dimwitt

01-19-2012

Tanky ap build

Bring mana regen / cdr runes to get the early game advantage and mana issues out of the way.

Catalyst -> RoA
Deathcap
Giants Belt -> Rylais
Sheen ->Lichbane
Void Staff (time permitting)
Boot (lucidity or sorc)
Roam or defend points with that general setup.
She can Bot Lane as well, but she's a much better top / roamer who excels in 1v1 combat and disabling / interrupting caps.