Tryndamere-guide (or how to hit like a 10k ton truck)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ashaira

Adjudicator

09-28-2009

I'm sure u all heard the rumors about Tryndemere hiting like a 10k ton truck, well im here to tell u their not ....................................... false. Yes Tryndemere can crit hit for around 1.5k when hes low on hp. In this guide ill tell u how u can whirl inside a 5 man team and kill most if not all of them.

Runes : 2 words here: crit and dmg. all u need is crit dmg runes. with a full page u should have around +60% crit dmg. (ude be amazed how much this actually is)

Masteries : mostlly ofensive masteries and a few utility. the only ofensive masteries u dont need are the one related to promote and rally. (despite what u may have heard rally is not the best for Tryndemere)

Summoner spells : Smite with the masterie bonus (yes u need it. this guide is based on dmg and as such ur very item dependent mid-late game) and exhaust with the masterie bonus (i helps a lot with early kills)

Items (this is also the order in which i buy them) : - regrowth pendant (ill explain the reasons behind all the items when ill talk about strategy)

- mandreds razors

- beserkers greaves

- infinity edge

- phantom dancer (if selling mandreds razor will get u the money for a full phantom dancer then sell it otherwise keep it until u have a full phantom dancer)

- last wisper / black cleaver ( last wisper is better if u have enemies that stack masive amounts of armour like ramus, if they are not present than black cleaver is better)

- blood thirster

- mandreds bloodrazer / 2nd blood thirster (mandreds is an option only if the team stacks massive amounts of hp like a tanking chogath or mundo, otherwise get another blood thirster)

Skill build :
1 spinning slash
2 bloodlust
3 spinning slash
4 mocking shout
5 spinning slash
6 undying rage
7 spinning slash
8 spinning slash
9 bloodlust
10 bloodlust
11 undying rage
12 bloodlust
13 bloodlust
14 mocking shout
15 mocking shout
16 undying rage
17 mocking shout
18 mocking shout

Strategy : - pre infinity edge and phantom dancer : until u finish farming the infinity edge all u do is def ur lane and jungle ( dont be to agresive earlly on). u can lane very well with the regrowth pendant and after u get ur boots and mandreds razor u should be able to farm very well be it on the lane or in the jungle. if ur alone u should refrain from atacking the enemie champion if ur soloing on the lane. if u have a partener than ur spinning slash and mocking shout should help u get a few kills regardless of whos ur partener is. also note that while u can help with ganks and pushes ur priority is to farm and stay alive so u can farm.

- post infinity edge and phantom dancer : after u have ur boots, infinity edge and phantom dancer u can sell ur mandreds and pendant. now ur strong enough to go head to head with anyone. if the enemie hasnt been feeded like crazy than chances are thell be runing scared ****less of u. if u have experience playing as Tryndemere than u could prob take down 2-3 champions even at this point since when u reach 1hp with ur ulti ull be criting for around 1k dmg.

- lategame( when u have a full inventory) if u have a full inventory of the recomended items and u know how to play the game than ull be able to kill anyone (and i do mean ANYONE) the only other champion who could kill u is another well farmed Tryndemere.

General tips :
- this build is very item dependent mid to late game and the point of it is not to hit faster than master yi but to hit pretty fast and hit like a 10k ton truck.
- while u are very item dependent dont be afarid to fight until u get them. u have a wery varied set of skills (atackspeed/heal,slow/dmgdebuff, dmg/miniblink , invincibility)
- ur dmg skill costs hp so its somewhat dangerous to spam but earlly on its ur best friend for lane farming and harasing
- no, despite what u may have heard or seen tryndamere is not a tank. hes at best a tank/dps hibrid
- ur worst enemy is urself.
- while ur ulti does make u invincible for a few seconds, dont always rely on it. a stun or silence can easily make u a siting duck.
- if u can beat the entire team doesnt mean u can win the game alone

ill update the guide based on any changes in future patches. also if u have questions about it go ahead, if their FAQ then ill add them to the guide.

also for all the so called critics out there, how about trying the build and then say wether its good or bad. few around here can say they have played trydamere more than me.

Krald

09-28-2009

why on earth would you not rush warmogs on tryndamere

Ashaira

Adjudicator

09-28-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krald View Post
why on earth would you not rush warmogs on tryndamere
i dont know maybe caus ur passive works best when ur LOW on health? and like i said this guide is for a dps tryndamere not a tank. none of his skills are for tankiness.

SmecssRaege

09-28-2009

oh right...he doesnt have mocking shout which is obviously tank style ability

and yes, i really agree with the other poster, i cant say i like this build for trynda at all, if it works for you cool, but for me thats very maeh

and the longer you can stay in a fight before popping ur ulti = more damage done overall

warmogs > inifitys edge > atma's impaler - for a tank/high dps hybrid
(followed up by: black cleaver, phantom dancer, frozen mallet, etc)

Ashaira

Adjudicator

09-28-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmecssRaege View Post
oh right...he doesnt have mocking shout which is obviously tank style ability

and yes, i really agree with the other poster, i cant say i like this build for trynda at all, if it works for you cool, but for me thats very maeh

and the longer you can stay in a fight before popping ur ulti = more damage done overall

warmogs > inifitys edge > atma's impaler - for a tank/high dps hybrid
(followed up by: black cleaver, phantom dancer, frozen mallet, etc)
noones stoping u from making ur own guide.

Hatch

09-28-2009

I'm sorry, but I couldn't read through it because you missed a lot of places where the letters "Y" and "O" should have been in succession in front of the letter "U".

It's unreadable this way.

From what I managed to translate, it looks like you strat is to stack all the strongest melee damage items. Wow, I can't imagine how you figured out that doing that would make you hit really hard!

crayons

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-28-2009

Lol regardless of what others are saying. I like your guide. This is really similar to how I play tryn as I hate playing him as a tank. Full dps is the way to go that way when he gets low on hp, he can wreck any1 pretty fast. Definitely prefer Infinity Edge and Phantom Dancer over Warmogs...

Oh yeah. Btw nice guide!

Bundy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-28-2009

One downside of playing tryndamere this way is that you end up being reliant on your team. In pugs especially, when you get into a teamfight that looks to be going bad, your teammates run the other way. The opponents have 2 choices vs a trynd build this way: Attack him first and take atleast 10 seconds for a kill, or attack all the teammates first. If they do A, your team needs to be able to kill them. If B, you just sort of pwn.

headfirst

09-28-2009

I also play similar to this.

It is not uncommon to play tryndamere like this. His passive synergizes very well with this build.
Sure you could play him as a tank, but he has such great survivability anyways, and can get massive crits. playing him as a tank imo makes him an average tank - support hero with average damage.

In regards to your guide, I would say it could use a little expansion. It is short and to the point, but there are alot of situations to consider, for example stuns and silence will destroy your tryndamere easily.

hesdeadjim

09-28-2009

lawlz at the guy who needs correct spelling and punkuashion on an internet chat board.