Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How do you build Yorick?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bête Noire

11-05-2011

Honest question, I just picked bought Yorick because he seemed fun but I have no real idea how to build him. Full on metagolem triforce/atmogs seems to work decent, but my damage always picks up very slowly.

EDIT: Also meant to ask, do armor pen runes affect his ghouls or should I get atck damage?

JayceJa

11-06-2011

i go tear and boots into a manamune and ionians, then i buy a prospectors blade and a spirit visage. late game i go mallet+sanguine+atmas in whichever order i need

as for runes, im unsure, i just stuck with armor pen so i dont need to buy a whole new runepage for a single champion

brb getting sued

11-06-2011

APen affects ghoul damage and Q damage, but not W/E damage. W/E are affected by MPen. Most players consider either stat a waste on Yorick because it is not as efficient on him as it is on other champs.

If you have to get one of the two, get APen. Yorick's damage against champions is roughly 70 physical 30 magical (when he's pushing lanes it's closer to 45/55).

I play a tankier Yorick:

8/1/21 (cooldowns and crit in offense tree), Revive/Exhaust. Revive wins games. Exhaust wins 1v1s.
AD per level reds
HP per level yellows
AD per level blues
AD per level quints

R > W > Q > E, with one point in E and two points in W at game start.
Start Amp Tome, Sapphire, Boots 1. Starting with the components for Sheen lets you get Sheen faster and the early Amp Tome makes your Ws hit a bit harder at game start.

Sheen, CDR Boots, Phage, Triforce. Itemize from here. Yep, only two core items.
How you go from here is up to how you want to play Yorick and what champions you're up against, but imo you want three things:
- CDR, more ghouls = more huehuehue.
- The sturdiness to not die. Not dying means landing more autoattack-Q-autoattack and spamming more ghouls = more huehuehue. Basically the same as itemizing for a tank.
- AD.

Good choices for items: GShroud/FHeart, Youmu's, Entropy, Phage/FMallet (Phage does stack with TForce. And it's AD and HP in one item.), Odyn's, Aura items. I personally don't like Sanguine because most of the time you will cast your spells before you have it stacked, but if you're able to maintain that then I guess it would work.

Bad choices: Spirit Visage (+15% of not-much is still not-much, literally only buy this if you need CDR/HP/MR in one item)

Use W and E to poke at enemy champs. When you see the opening to go in, run in and slap them with autoattack-Q-autoattack. Use any combination of Exhaust and your ult to tip 1v1s in your favor (preferably burn Exhaust first as you want your ult to defend points with). If people run (and they probably will), W and Q and Triforce procs should ensure they don't get away.

If you're bottom lane, use autoattack-Q-autoattack on siege minions to keep the lane from getting pushed. Throwing W on minions (and hopefully champs) should be sufficient to push the lane against most picks. Control the health pack as you are likely to overcast yourself out of mana.

Summon W where you think enemy shrooms/boxes are. It will trip them. It can also scout brush for you.

monkeyswinkle

11-06-2011

Waterd103 has a guide on Solomid: http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=7745

I have one I haven't released quite yet: http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=8616

NetherGate

11-06-2011

Quote:
brb getting sued:
APen affects ghoul damage and Q damage, but not W/E damage. W/E are affected by MPen. Most players consider either stat a waste on Yorick because it is not as efficient on him as it is on other champs.

If you have to get one of the two, get APen. Yorick's damage against champions is roughly 70 physical 30 magical (when he's pushing lanes it's closer to 45/55).

I play a tankier Yorick:

8/1/21 (cooldowns and crit in offense tree), Revive/Exhaust. Revive wins games. Exhaust wins 1v1s.
AD per level reds
HP per level yellows
AD per level blues
AD per level quints

R > W > Q > E, with one point in E and two points in W at game start.
Start Amp Tome, Sapphire, Boots 1. Starting with the components for Sheen lets you get Sheen faster and the early Amp Tome makes your Ws hit a bit harder at game start.

Sheen, CDR Boots, Phage, Triforce. Itemize from here. Yep, only two core items.
How you go from here is up to how you want to play Yorick and what champions you're up against, but imo you want three things:
- CDR, more ghouls = more huehuehue.
- The sturdiness to not die. Not dying means landing more autoattack-Q-autoattack and spamming more ghouls = more huehuehue. Basically the same as itemizing for a tank.
- AD.

Good choices for items: GShroud/FHeart, Youmu's, Entropy, Phage/FMallet (Phage does stack with TForce. And it's AD and HP in one item.), Odyn's, Aura items. I personally don't like Sanguine because most of the time you will cast your spells before you have it stacked, but if you're able to maintain that then I guess it would work.

Bad choices: Spirit Visage (+15% of not-much is still not-much, literally only buy this if you need CDR/HP/MR in one item)

Use W and E to poke at enemy champs. When you see the opening to go in, run in and slap them with autoattack-Q-autoattack. Use any combination of Exhaust and your ult to tip 1v1s in your favor (preferably burn Exhaust first as you want your ult to defend points with). If people run (and they probably will), W and Q and Triforce procs should ensure they don't get away.

If you're bottom lane, use autoattack-Q-autoattack on siege minions to keep the lane from getting pushed. Throwing W on minions (and hopefully champs) should be sufficient to push the lane against most picks. Control the health pack as you are likely to overcast yourself out of mana.

Summon W where you think enemy shrooms/boxes are. It will trip them. It can also scout
brush for you.

I havent really played Yorick since dom came out and havent figured out a good build for him here yet. I played him a ton in SR though. I just wanted to say, that unless they changed it since then, armor pen does NOT affect his ghouls attack damage, thats purely based on his own attack damage. If they have changed this, please let me know. Oh and all of his abilities do magic damage if I remember correctly, even though only one of them scales off of his ap and the other 2 scale off of his AD. Since they do magic damage, it should be affected by magic pen and the only thing that armor pen would help is his own straight up auto attack damage. By the way, the only other way that you can increase your ghouls damage is Starks because it indirectly affects them. It lowers nearby opponents armor.... I had fun with that on a bad but interesting malzahar build. If Im wrong on anything here, feel free to correct me, thanks.

Darmival

11-06-2011

Manamune + TriForce + Cdr boots .....

then pretty much whatever the situation calls for

The Canadian Kid

11-06-2011

most of the ppl i see go with that 10% cdr 850 gold heallth item forget the name, and boots and pots then take bot and grab spirit visage.

monkeyswinkle

11-06-2011

Quote:
DedPheonix:
If Im wrong on anything here, feel free to correct me, thanks.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=10438452#post10438452

Warrrrax

11-07-2011

Wow, gotta love those downvoting OP for asking a question.

Anyhoo, I start with Prospectors Blade and boots. The health and AD boosts my ability to be aggressive if the situation calls for it and get a kill. I take promote and exhaust, as I don't need the speed so much. I take 9-0-21 because utility is so strong overall. This starts me with 15% CDR.

First item is either a Brutalizer OR ionic boots. I get BOTH items ASAP which maxes my Cooldown reduction at 40%.
This is really strong for Yorick because he is better of spamming 67% faster, rather than trying to boost each individual spell. You get a lot more ghouls that way.

From there, I grab a Negatron cloak to cover magic resistance.

Then work on a TriForce, then Odins. That is as far as I plan. Honestly the 2 CDR items fix most of my issues. The incredibly spamminess and some AD/armor pen let me push past most opponents easily.

TriForce covers a bit of everything, including more speed and toughness, and I can make good use of the slow-effect and proc. So it is an efficient item for Yorick. But most important is the fast CDR.

Rickert

11-07-2011

Just go atmog and crits items. Then win every game (or most if you win too much). Guarantee.
30% damage buff+reduction alongs with 12% armor pen = op tanky dps.