Bot Lane Counter-Pick List

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kuryaka

11-06-2011

Literally everyone counters Kog until he gets at least 2-3 items. His base damages are poor. I play AP/CDR Kog and I only reach effectiveness after level 16. So I build a normal build until then, and it's still pretty difficult against any decent bot champion.

Stez007

11-06-2011

Wow, this thread certainly blew up overnight--thanks for the positive response!

I don't have time right now, but later today I'll respond to the various counter suggestions. I'll also add Galio and Singed to the list of bot lane champs--sorry Nekro, I'm not convinced in Urgot just yet but I'd love to be proven wrong!

TouchinMyself

11-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stez007 View Post

I tried to keep this list focused on the hardest counters that are also strong bot laners. Kass is much more valuable top and/or roaming, therefore he isn't listed despite being strong against AP bot laners. Singed falls into the same category: I find him to be much more dangerous as an initiator than as a bot laner.
I dont think this distinction should be made. There are a few champs that are very good at both and when my team picks 4 carries im not going to say "Well singed is better top so i will pick a different bot champ" im going to play who im good with.

Besides many champs have a strong presence in early game bot that do well to switch later. Thats why i like to take singed bot. Farm like crazy and bully the **** out of the bot defender then get someone to switch me and go wreck top once i have some defense, ROA and run speed.

FDru

11-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stez007 View Post
Wow, this thread certainly blew up overnight--thanks for the positive response!

I don't have time right now, but later today I'll respond to the various counter suggestions. I'll also add Galio and Singed to the list of bot lane champs--sorry Nekro, I'm not convinced in Urgot just yet but I'd love to be proven wrong!
Necks put it quite nicely. If Urgot can land charges, he will destroy the opponent but still can't push.

A champ who can't do anything about an incoming minion wave doesn't belong at bot, IMO.

MindlessLegend

11-06-2011

I play Soraka and I am sad vs champs that can out range my silence and kite me like kog and others

TouchinMyself

11-06-2011

Bump!

aim1essgun

11-07-2011

Been forced to go bot as Riven a couple times today, and it seems like she completely owns Nasus. Possibly my opponents weren't any good, but if he gets anywhere near Riven he gets wrecked.

Darmival

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2011

Mordekaiser is a solid counter to Heimerdinger ( can push as hard / harder ), his E decimates turrets, and Morde's ult can turn a gank around your way.

I've beaten Ryze bottom, Graves is manageable after 6 ( especially if you grab thornmail )

Yorick owns Morde tho ( in my experience )

IS1eae7cbb510cc9b1e2028

11-07-2011

I've played Ez a lot bot(EU) and have been quite succesfull with him. Start out with sheen, lvl Q first, then go to Rabadon/Lichbane. Anyway, as mentioned AP ez, it's remarkable how well he can hold bot. Q everytime it's up. If it's not on the enemychamp get a last hit on a minion(to keep the line pushed and farm). Ez's strong point comes from the part where he can fire blindly in the bush, and escape over the walls. Kassadin/Soraka have got a long range silence, this hurts ez a lot, especially with his low health pool. After lvl 6 there's nothing AP Ez can do vs kassadin

Nunkuruji

11-07-2011

I play a lot of catalyst Maokai bottom, though I'm not spectacular. Here's some observations on matchups I've played

vs Heimer: Play incredibly aggressive at levels 3 & 4 before he gets 2 turrets. He will out minion push if you let him. level 5 with 2 turrets is a pain. At 6th, Mao can win with the ultimate.

vs Karthus: Feed Maos passive more. Play hyper aggressive and crush.

vs Yorick: Early it's just a battle of push, but I find it hard to win against his ult 1v1.

vs. Morgana: Black shield is bad news for any AP character

vs Lux: easy enough to outpush, but hard to actually push off her turret

vs Soraka: can go good or bad, it depends on how good she is with timing her silence at the opportune moment. Starcall is spammy enough to feed passive.

vs Shaco: easy enough to outpush, can be difficult to push off the point and cap

vs Ezreal: Use the minions as a shield, combo him when he gets too close trying to clear minions

vs Ryze: Play hyper aggressive so he's not charging tear.

vs. ranged AD: pita to push the lane, you need to get bush control.

vs. melee AD: Can typically WEQ combo them and walk away for harassment. Ultimate should give you the edge if they decide to sustain a fight. Melees with AoEs like Renekton can be difficult to push against as they just defend.

Mao works fine up top, but really only great once he has his ultimate. The kicker if he takes bottom is that even with 2-3 people assaulting the point, it becomes difficult for enemies to take it back, and even making the attempt to do so will leave them dead or dying due to the ultimate retribution, and possibly Odyn's Veil - giving Maos team even more time to act as the enemy recovers just from retaking a single point, better yet, if Maos teams assassin is on the ball and plays cleanup.