Bot Lane Counter-Pick List

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PrincessDerpy

11-22-2011

Yorick is ten different kinds of retarded at the bot push game. Jesus christ.

Vydelar

11-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikaru Genji View Post
Again, Nasus is not a good counter to Yorick, and he absolutely does not ever need to get into melee range to do real damage. Full ARP pages + Brutalizer, 3 ghouls doing 35% x 3 damage, plus minion wave and possible Promoted melee minion = serious hurt while Yorick hangs back, guarding the middle health pack.

Best chances (not counter, just a fighting chance) versus Yorick bot I've seen, as a Yorick bot main:

Maokai, Sivir, Fiddle, Caitlin
I have to disagree, because you are playing against the generic nasus that relies on any sort of melee. In the situation you'd be going against, you'd be on the other end of the situation, being forced to try to outpush Nasus. Yorick doesn't have the pushing power to outpush Nasus that's focused fully on spirit fire, for Yorick will be the one forced in being in melee and Nasus will be the one hanging back and sniping with the edge of spirit fire.

Stez007

11-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vydelar View Post
I have to disagree, because you are playing against the generic nasus that relies on any sort of melee. In the situation you'd be going against, you'd be on the other end of the situation, being forced to try to outpush Nasus. Yorick doesn't have the pushing power to outpush Nasus that's focused fully on spirit fire, for Yorick will be the one forced in being in melee and Nasus will be the one hanging back and sniping with the edge of spirit fire.
This. AP/CDR Nasus walks all over Yorick and can still be tanky enough to be a menace lategame. Additionally, AP Nasus deals two kinds of damage thanks to +Damage from his ult making Yorick need to build armor and MR to survive, lowering his damage potential considerably.

Traditional Nasus does work, too, but AP/CDR is more of a counter.

Quote:
i'd recommend that maokai be added to the list of counters for karthus. mao's passive vs. karthus q is just unfair
It's true Mao'kai is quite sustainable against Karthus, but Karth can choose to just push and he'll at the very least stalemate Mao'kai.

Quote:
yep, agreed, Cait is also a pain. Range and escape, pretty hard to get in range to deal damage while she can.
The problem with Cait is that she has no lategame presence. She cannot hold a point against two players lategame, which is an extremely important part of playing bot lane. To use another AD carry as an example, Sivir can become tanky enough to hold against two players for a very long time while still dealing comparable damage to glass cannon Caitlyn.

Quote:
Lololol. You mean he can win vs most bots. His range and poke can out kite the enemy amazingly. Any melee will never get close enough to xerath unless they have a strong gap closer. Yeah assassins hurt him but you shouldn't send your assasain bot. He can out harass heimer because his q can poke him without aggroing his turrets at all. Once I get six they are usually dead after my e+r+q+r+r combo.

You just don't see many good Xerath's, so that's why you probably thing that.
Xerath is in the same position as Urgot, IMO. A skilled one is extremely powerful, but an unskilled one is a joke. He isn't on the list for that reason; Cassiopeia earns a spot by still being effective even in relatively unskilled hands, thanks to her AoE stun and spammy nature.

Quote:
Gangplank is a hard counter to malz, he can remove scurvy his ultimate and can walk up and kill him any time he wants.
Interesting. I'll add Gangplank* to Malz counters for now. Thanks!

bubudabear

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-23-2011

What about Zilean as a main bot pick. Starting with rank 2 double bomb is so strong.

DG TheFeedski

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubudabear View Post
What about Zilean as a main bot pick. Starting with rank 2 double bomb is so strong.
In my opinion, Zilean needs to be with his team for his speed boost and ultimate. Not to mention there is pretty decent range on his bombs, so he can stop people from capping and get out.

bubudabear

11-23-2011

Or speed boost yourself and ult yourself and double bomb spam the enemy bot out of lane. This post is examining the strength of solo bot laners not determining if they are better used elsewhere.

TEEAHMAT TOOSDEY

11-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekrogen View Post
I would suggest switching out Sivir for urgot, because he CAN wreck him if he lands his noxian grenades. Sivir pops too easily and needs to get in range of his creeps to be effective, which means be in range of ryze :P.
but she can also stop the prison or magic ball with shield, a poke with pwnerang blade. better to send her top for first fight though imo.

TouchinMyself

11-29-2011

Bump

aroyy

12-28-2011

as yorick i can decimate almost anyone

then i ran into a sivir, i just couldnt close the gap and took too much damage.
i lost my lane fast

IS1eae7cbb510cc9b1e2028

12-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubudabear View Post
The problem is that double bomb is the only thing zilean has. At start it's so very true, a lvl 2 double bomb with some AP seriously hurts like hell. But once mid game starts, the amount of tanky/sustain in bottom lane fast outclasses zilean.

At that point it's "oh wow he just double bombed me for 700 damage" and at that point you proceed to take bottom as zilean simply has to wait for the cooldowns to come down. Early game zilean is very strong, but lategame zilean has nothing to do in dominion, as far as i've seen. At most he can push minions, which is not enough to claim bot.