Why isnt Riven FOTM?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AntiSkillshot

11-05-2011

Odd, i've seen a FiddleSticks in every match i've done today... FotM maybe?

Quote:
Because she's moe

DON'T TOUCH MY RIVEN
Your Riven? *Rises eyeblow*

Cerubois

11-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormsoul View Post
she's good, but she isn't super snowbally
Actually, she snowballs quite well, as her AD increases with any AD she buys. The more she buys, the more she'll get for free. The more she gets for free, the more she can buy. She really is the definition of snowballing.

If a team lets Riven get a few kills or farm enough, she gets really deadly really quick.

XtremeApocalypse

11-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHeroNamedHawke View Post
this community will never cease to amaze me.
IKR people basically attracting attention that their favourite champions should be nerfed.

Hezio

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-05-2011

LOL cause well she is a terrible champion and No one should Play her but me.. ever

EVER..

~SSoRL~

Charles Barklius

11-05-2011

Jesus christ people, its not like theres 30 RIVEN OP NERF threads out there. My one question concerning why she isnt popular shouldnt result in a downvote gangbang

Uroboros

11-05-2011

She's balanced. She's got good escapability, but everything else she has just enough of to be useful. She's not ultra-dominant on the field, and if you start a team fight with her, you're looking to die. She isn't the easiest character to handle, and it takes quite a few games to actually get used to how she plays.

She doesn't have a set combo, like Akali or Cassie, there is no best way to engage with her. She's good, but not great.

Healcannon

11-05-2011

op is trying to stir up problems and needs a piece of stfu pie.

Stormsoul

11-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerubois View Post
Actually, she snowballs quite well, as her AD increases with any AD she buys. The more she buys, the more she'll get for free. The more she gets for free, the more she can buy. She really is the definition of snowballing.

If a team lets Riven get a few kills or farm enough, she gets really deadly really quick.
at the same time though, with no inherent hard defensive mechanics on her kit and a need to build almost completely glass-cannon due to poor base numbers (but excellent scaling), a fed riven doesnt snowball as hard as say, a fed akali or GP. she has amazing scaling, but even when she's fed she's much easier to coordinate against and take down than akali with her high HP and invisibility + vamp + armor + MR steroid, or GP with his typical atmogs and free cleanse.

Superbone1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by QPick View Post
Talon was balanced - then he got nerfed

where's the logic?

Nerf riven! ignore Sion
Talon was OP. Everyone with some knowledge of this game knew that.

Riven is balanced, but I disagree that she doesn't snowball. She starts off very strong and has a ridiculously good late game. It is because her mid game is pretty mediocre. She doesn't scale too well with level, only with items; but she scales ridiculously well with items - with her ult, her autoattacks alone scale with 1.8 bonus AD (the AD itself, plus passive, plus ult), not to mention her other abilities scaling well.

Charles Barklius

11-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebroid View Post
op is trying to stir up problems and needs a piece of stfu pie.
Bro
I ASKED A QUESTION
ON THE COMMUNITY'S OPINION
HOLY **** PEOPLE
CALM DOWN