Kog'Maw Will Be Nerfed.

123456 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Santos L Helper

06-24-2010

played 3 matches against kog's so far. Must say that they seem so squishy to me. Basically like a mage with not as much burst. I play ww as a main and it was just so so easy to lock them down each time. Never really even noticed his ult honestly. Didn't appear that it did much dmg for me to care about.

Ahlen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-24-2010

Buy Rylai on kog'maw, run decent summoner spells. Also his slow is good enough that he can escape from almost any hero without problems.

Korlee

06-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehero View Post
Oh on the contrary... You seem to think the balance changes would be range based. I understand its an ult and it should have some sort of advantage.

That being said the cool-down making it spammable is where the nerf is needed. I suggest a increase in the recharge to somewhere near a base of 15 seconds. That way it is still useful yet not overly spammable...
I really feel then that you do not have a feel for him then. If he can't use his ultimate a few times in a row? That bones over some of his burst in teamfights, makes chasing for him stark near impossible, and he loses his early harass. Currently if used within 6 seconds of using it the first time the cost increase is huge and a third time is just dear god a 4th? What the hell are you doing spamming it! Also what the hell is anyone doing standing in the same spot that long for him to do it!? This also has the added effect of leaving him no mana to slow anyone or finish someone off chasing him.

He is well rounded. People just need to learn to move and not stand in one spot so much. Juke, run, strafe, something!

Alaric11

06-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehero View Post
Nonsence a 6 second cooldown ult that can push you out of exp range from a safe distance isn't OP.

It's not like you can stack Mass mana regen and cooldown runes and spam it every 3.5 seconds.

It's not like you can out range every other champion and stack mass AP without the worry of getting hit.
have you played him? I think not. the ult cooldown is like 1.5 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korlee View Post
I really feel then that you do not have a feel for him then. If he can't use his ultimate a few times in a row? That bones over some of his burst in teamfights, makes chasing for him stark near impossible, and he loses his early harass. Currently if used within 6 seconds of using it the first time the cost increase is huge and a third time is just dear god a 4th? What the hell are you doing spamming it! Also what the hell is anyone doing standing in the same spot that long for him to do it!? This also has the added effect of leaving him no mana to slow anyone or finish someone off chasing him.

He is well rounded. People just need to learn to move and not stand in one spot so much. Juke, run, strafe, something!
I think the problem is that with a archangels he can continuesly launch them for like 1 minute, leading to like exhausting amounts of jukeing.

Mudkip

06-24-2010

Kog is probably the squshiest champion next to Ashe, Shaco, Anivia, and Ezreal.
You basically fight him how you would fight ez, but he's easier to kill and goes into allahuackbar mode after you kill him.

yamers

06-24-2010

cockmow is anoyin as hell!

hes got range for days. It's anoying as hell.

seresibyl

06-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korlee View Post

Three things

1) You have 10 games of Kog'Maw. He was just released today.
2) Players tend to believe they are skillful and the reason overly strong champions do well, even when it's not related to their own skill.
3) Who are you? Phreak? Exhaust lol

BlackDestruction

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-24-2010

Kog'Maw is perfectly fine. I swear not one character can come out without people crying about them.

Gorchek

06-24-2010

Do you really think just Kog'maw sitting at his fountain could stop you from killing the nexus

is it really that hard to avoid kog'maw's ult

you ****ing baddies

Puckthepwner

06-24-2010

Kog'Maw ults.

You move aside and laugh at the silly mana-wasting caterpillar.

123456 ... 8