Community Update Episode 11: Special Two-Week Double Feature

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 18
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ByronicHero

Web Content Editor

Follow ByronicHero on Twitter

06-24-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Welcome to episode 11 of the Community Update. That's right, we're calling this the Community Update now. And why is that? Well, because 'recap' just doesn't roll off the tongue quite as well, and I'm a stickler for eloquence.

Anyhow, this has been postponed several times for various reasons, not the least of which was my non-presence in this state at the beginning of the last week. That or all the dry cleaning and loads of laundry I’ve had to do to get all the red dust out of everything that I own. Oh, those pesky canyons and their pesky desert climates and sedimentary rock formations. At any rate, there’s a lot to cover, so let’s get to it.

What’s New?

I think things with us naturalizing our European friends into the Riot fold have finally settled down, so maybe I can start focusing on recapturing my wayward sanity. In other news, my pocket watch broke and I’m pretty shaken up over it. Thanks for your sympathies:

• Friend Referral Mayhem! - Over the course of our friend referral sweepstakes, we added over 3,000 new summoners who reached level 10. That’s a lot of blokes, and probably at least a couple of sheilas. Congrats to the winners on their 2,800 Riot Point packages.
  • Olaf Champion Spotlight - If you’re an angry Viking or just participating in the current office beard contest, you should probably head this direction for some tips on how to impress the ladies with your flowing locks or smite people with bolts of lightning from on high.
  • Kog’Maw Champion Spotlight - If you’ve ever wondered what life would be like if you were a mouth with legs, odds are this Champion Spotlight will serve to slake your curiosity.
  • Community Skins - The time has come to acknowledge a few contributors to our ever growing selection of awesome community skins. First things first, a belated acknowledgement of Mr D, whose Dark Rammus skin served to inspire our Chrome Rammus variant. Additionally, we had another talented artist concept up both Riot Singed and Uncle Ryze, so give a round of applauds in recognition of Anakite!

Community Spotlight

Well, we finally found him! Mr D, the man behind Chrome Rammus has finally come to light! After noticing how close his Dark Rammus skin was to our Chrome version of this mighty Armordillo, Mr D made a post that jogged our memories. Chrome Rammus was in fact inspired by a screenshot of a community skin that had been floating around the office, but, by the time we'd begun adopting community ideas, nobody could remember where it came from anymore. Thankfully, we've found him and are able to give credit where credit is due… along with a few Riot Points to sweeten the deal. Thanks for being a good sport, Mr D! Sorry it took us so long to be able to acknowledge how awesome your Armordillo is!

While we’re on the topic of skins, the hype around Teenage Annie is steadily increasing and shows no signs of losing momentum. In the past few weeks we’ve been accumulating more and more threads on the subject, many including fan art, and at least one that’s designated itself as the ‘Official Petition’. For your amusement, I’ve taken the liberty of including some of the more interesting pieces. Some are punky, some are Anime style, some still send up red flags in the legal sector, some have handcuffs, some speculate on the age of Tibbers if Annie’s all grown up, and some just think that as a teen she’ll do a little stress eating. Choose your favorite. In other news, there’s an amazing parody of My Neighbor Totoro featuring Annie and Tibbers on Twisted Treeline. And it’s awesome.

Happy hunting, and I hope to see you all out there on the Field of Justice!

-ByronicHero

TrollButt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-24-2010

Teen annie..uhh..pedos much.

Lightplay

06-24-2010

I would really like to see champion specific runes/masteries/summoner spells, I just dont feel all the time to set each of them up and then find out u got ur champ taken or banned in is spent well if u could just have seperate ones, i say just im sorry if thats is insulting if it is a hard task but i feel it would make the pre-game much smoother

Panda Banana

06-24-2010

Fix the servers before posting this worthless piece of dung.

Tank Ocean

06-24-2010

I want mai fukin servers up

Theenderofenders

06-24-2010

punk annie is the best

Texas 7oast

06-24-2010

Teenager Annie! Also good job on the skin Mr D it's my favorite Rammus skin so far

MMKH

06-24-2010

Any chance that other users can have their skin ideas implemented as well?

Tank Ocean

06-24-2010

Stop telling us of cool features we cant use because the servers are fukin down, I would rather you spend money on severs that are always up than stupid skins, I mean

Gorchek

06-24-2010

You forgot Nurse Akali!

1234511 ... 18