Cait Question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Radee

11-05-2011

I am trying to advance my skills with cait so I have more options when I begin to play ranked matches (I am lv 30 I am just getting better and expanding my champ variety before I go ranked). I am working on my build for items late game. I generally start with the dorans blade x2 and zerker boots and IE or BT however beyond that I feel the items become optional depending upon the opposing team and how fed you are.

My question is when should items like Madreds be used or a potential atmogs combo or armor pen etc. I have trouble with late game build especially considering that during the transition from mid to late game cait (unless very well fed) is a champ that is better off to BD (in my opinion) than get upfront in a fight. I want to be able to do both.

Any help/advice is much appreciated.

Ebonclaw

11-05-2011

Nominal DPS output on a Ranged Carry will in nearly all cases be achieved through IE/Crit build. Bloodrazor is a -highly- situational item which synergizes poorly with Physical Damage stats other than Attack Speed, and is best used if you see a ton of beefy champs that you suspect will get Atmog's. I cry every time I see someone with nothing but Boots, IE, and Bloodrazor. Biggest waste of money.....

For a Ranged Carry, the most sought after damage items tend to be:

Infinity Edge
Phantom Dancer
Bloodthirster
Last Whisper
Black Cleaver

Defensive items are highly situational - depending on enemy team comp, your ability to get fed early, and your team's ability to protect you, you might not need any at all. Never get LW and any other source of Armor Pen/Reduction. Get a Vamp Scepter early, even if you have no immediate plans to upgrade it. Consider a Wriggle's if you don't have a jungle, or your lane gets pushed hard.

BendyBread

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-05-2011

Off topic, but its nice you're trying to fill all the roles.

I just started ranked as well and you wont believe how many people only know 1 role. I'm always filling in the gaps >_>