Twisted Fate - EXPLOIT

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Buckwheat

09-28-2009

No kidding. Twisted Fate is currently ruining the game for me. I know plenty of people that won't get into this game and are thinking of canceling their preorder due to the intensity that this glitch is being exploited at.

Schn

09-28-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argent Shaman View Post
So a nice fancy way to say bug.

Either way this particular instance is not an exploit, it is a bug. The fact that if you do not move and are within auto-attack range when you throw the first gold card it will throw a second for the auto-attack just proves it even more. This is a flaw in the actual code and not a manipulation of the game. Essentially in order for someone to not do this bug they have to move immediately after throwing the first gold card. This is both ridiculous and a pain in an ass to expect anyone to have to move in order to not do this. I am in no way saying that Double Carding is fair but if someone does it it is not exploiting, it is a bug that is embedded into the Pick A Card ability.

I'm just tired of people posting the same bug over and over and over just because they are too lazy to use the search function so as not to create a thousand reports of the same bug that don't even follow the Bug Report Guidelines and are just people *****ing and crying about a bug. You're here to search for bugs in order to help the game be the best it can be, not just for your own pleasure. Beta is a privilege, not a right.
Let's say a "bug" in the code allows Karthus to repeat his ultimate if he doesn't move. Since moving after ultiing is "both ridiculous and a pain in an (sic) ass", picking Karthus and relentlessly griefing from level 6 is obviously not an exploit.

Buckwheat

09-28-2009

Quote:
So a nice fancy way to say bug.

I'm just tired of people posting the same bug over and over and over just because they are too lazy to use the search function so as not to create a thousand reports of the same bug that don't even follow the Bug Report Guidelines and are just people *****ing and crying about a bug. You're here to search for bugs in order to help the game be the best it can be, not just for your own pleasure. Beta is a privilege, not a right.
I'm digging the elitism. Beta is not a 'Right'? It's a form of advertising for a small company. This Beta group is pretty large in that they're handing out betakeys left and right to gather interest and support. It's probably a troubling sign that this bug continues to be posted. It's as if it's pissing off the casual playerbase that would probably purchase this game and whatever addons are included is a bad thing. Weird I know.

I realize you're the type of person that freaks out on terminology and protocol but I'm much more down to earth. Fact is if this is a continuing problem and it pushes the playerbase onto other games then revenue will decrease. That's the problem.

Bug, Exploit or whatever you're getting excited about calling it, is a problem.

Wilky

09-28-2009

Me and the people I play with all surrender at 15m now when we have TF in the game :-) Double gold carding makes the game no fun. Maybe we could start a petition to have it fixed asap?

Nemey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-29-2009

Know some people that JUST pick CM now for this exploit. Hope they fix it soon so I may rubs it in their face!

Argent Shaman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
I'm digging the elitism. Beta is not a 'Right'? It's a form of advertising for a small company. This Beta group is pretty large in that they're handing out betakeys left and right to gather interest and support. It's probably a troubling sign that this bug continues to be posted. It's as if it's pissing off the casual playerbase that would probably purchase this game and whatever addons are included is a bad thing. Weird I know.

I realize you're the type of person that freaks out on terminology and protocol but I'm much more down to earth. Fact is if this is a continuing problem and it pushes the playerbase onto other games then revenue will decrease. That's the problem.

Bug, Exploit or whatever you're getting excited about calling it, is a problem.
Sure go for it buckwheat. Feel free to call me an elitist. I know for a fact I am not and I hate this bug just as much as everyone else. As a Game Programmer myself I know how hard the beta process is as I have been through it multiple times and I can tell you they have plenty of work already on their plate. They do read everyone's bug reports and will get to them as soon as they can, just have faith in them as this should be fixed soon.

Additionally the game is going to be free when it releases so they never really expect it to make money in the first place, though I preordered the game myself because other then a few bugs the game is very balanced. But like many people I love the game even with this issue and I hate to see a Twisted Fate join a game but it's not the end of the word. Honesty I'd rather see a Twisted Fate then a Corki (But it has already been stated by the devs that he is too strong and that he is already toned down in the internal build of the game), and if you have such a problem with Twisted Fate then gank him. If he's dead then he isn't a problem, and if you don't see him on the minimap when he's alive then assume he may be coming towards you and be more careful. Or stack Magic Resist.

tl;dr - Apparently I'm a more down to earth person because I don't care as much about this bug because I know it'll be fixed. Also just gank Twisted Fate and he can't double card because he'd dead, or go Magic Resist.

Buckwheat

09-29-2009

Quote:
As a Game Programmer myself I know how hard the beta process is as I have been through it multiple times and I can tell you they have plenty of work already on their plate. They do read everyone's bug reports and will get to them as soon as they can, just have faith in them as this should be fixed soon.

Additionally the game is going to be free when it releases so they never really expect it to make money in the first place

tl;dr - Apparently I'm a more down to earth person because I don't care as much about this bug because I know it'll be fixed. Also just gank Twisted Fate and he can't double card because he'd dead, or go Magic Resist.
They're expecting profits from the buy ins from playing. They expect to make money since generally that's how companies stay in business. That's the nature of the business.

The elisism comment was put in because your attempt of stating how being in Beta is a privilege when it clearly isn't. It is a form of advertising that's very effective. I also appreciate your appeal to authority by stating that you are a game programmer as if that means anything. It's further reinforced by your comments of just 'play better' which isn't a helpful solution.

Stacking magic resistance doesn't do anything to at least 2 stuns in a row that are 2 seconds long each. Most cheaters generally sneak in DPS and you're screwed both ways. Have fun ganking a good player with spells that reveal the map whenever they're feeling unlucky.

In any case, they hired additional help to deal with problems like this because it's clearly an issue.

Stamos

09-29-2009

I personally don't give a ****, if the player knows they are doing it, then it's an exploit and being abused as such. Fix it.