Twisted Fate - EXPLOIT

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Krangbot

09-28-2009

I am getting ridiculously tired of seeing EVERY SINGLE twisted fate player ABUSE THE WELL KNOWN EXPLOIT, and then deny they are doing anything. Unless you are Little Timmy retarded, you have to realize that what you are doing is an exploit and not intended. I won't say what it is so as to not encourage more children from jerking themselves off silly using it. But I think an emergency patch should be done to correct just this since it is BREAKING entire matches...

0PYfclzjrm0E6nRT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-28-2009

I agree, but they haven't fixed it yet after few patches. -.-

Mecklin

09-28-2009

/agree

Its getting a bit crazy

Argent Shaman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-28-2009

Joy, another post saying the same BUG as many others have pointed out already.

This has already been stated as a well known "bug" (Bug not an exploit) and will be fixed in due time, which should be before lauch. Yes double carding is annoying but it will be fixed, and if I remember hearing correctly somewhere that it'll be fixed within the next couple patches. Though don't quote me on that.

I don't play Twisted Fate myself but I'd rather see a Twisted Fate then a Corki any game.

Slanzinger

09-28-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argent Shaman View Post
This has already been stated as a well known "bug" (Bug not an exploit)
A couple of definitions for you:
A bug is an issue in the game code.
An exploit is when such an issue is used for personal gain.
An exploit cannot occur without being attributable to a bug, and if the bug can be used by people for their own purposes, and they knowingly use it to boost their performance, then they're exploiting it.
So it is an exploit when they deliberately use it.

DiZasteR

09-28-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanzinger View Post
its tough not to use it. (havent played TF myself) but its retarded to stop attacking everytime just not to get the bug.

Argent Shaman

09-28-2009

From what I understand, the bug in the code is that if you use a gold card and do not move immediately after throwing it and letting Twisted Fate auto attack he will throw a second gold card. This is not something that can easily be avoided without spending effort to not do it. Now it would be an exploit if when you threw the first card if you moved before it hit then you could throw another one, that would be an exploit. But just throwing a gold card and letting the game do what it would normally do is a bug.

drugfreeboy

09-28-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanzinger View Post
and they knowingly use it to boost their performance, then they're exploiting it.
I think Slanzinger said it best. In the code, it's a bug. It's an exploit when people knowingly exploit the bug to gain an advantage.

Argent Shaman

09-28-2009

So a nice fancy way to say bug.

Either way this particular instance is not an exploit, it is a bug. The fact that if you do not move and are within auto-attack range when you throw the first gold card it will throw a second for the auto-attack just proves it even more. This is a flaw in the actual code and not a manipulation of the game. Essentially in order for someone to not do this bug they have to move immediately after throwing the first gold card. This is both ridiculous and a pain in an ass to expect anyone to have to move in order to not do this. I am in no way saying that Double Carding is fair but if someone does it it is not exploiting, it is a bug that is embedded into the Pick A Card ability.

I'm just tired of people posting the same bug over and over and over just because they are too lazy to use the search function so as not to create a thousand reports of the same bug that don't even follow the Bug Report Guidelines and are just people *****ing and crying about a bug. You're here to search for bugs in order to help the game be the best it can be, not just for your own pleasure. Beta is a privilege, not a right.

Krangbot

09-28-2009

I must have missed the post where someone was mentioning that "beta was a right". I don't see the point in trolling around with that old line or how it relates to this topic.

However getting back on topic, the exploit we all know and hate, is not only that TF can chuck two gold Area Effect Stun cards back to back, but he can throw up to 5+ pick a cards. I have seen 5+ red cards thrown in succession and have witnessed a tower get taken down by a nonstop flurry of special cards (way over 5+, it only stropped because the tower was destroyed).

If the issue were only TWO AE STUN CARDS then yes, it would be annoying and game breaking, but not totally out of control. What changes the picture here is that the exploit is much more than two cards in a row. Its 5+ and sometimes unlimited until the person is simply dead and I have not been able to count more than 7- 10 since I haven't seen it yet. Perhaps it is just the "noise" or just the "particle effect" of the other cards going off, but it also seems like the damage is applying.

So if you are dismissing the EXPLOIT since its "only two gold cards" according to you, then you obviously have not seen a truly skilled EXPLOITER abuse the hell out of this glitch tossing way more than "just two golds".

P.S. If someone can point me in the right direction as to how I can record a video of a match, i would love to post just how ridiculous a skilled EXPLOITER/CHEATER can get with TF in his current state.