Jungling

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kronos701

11-05-2011

I am fairly new to this game and I am wondering, what is jungling? I saw a video on jungling (TotalBiscuit) but he didn't really go in depth about what the purpose of jungling is. I understand that you will recieve buffs by killing epic minions but how will that assist your team? Also, can anyone tell me any good junglers?

Ravenshadows

11-05-2011

Jungling is good for two reasons gives another perosn their own lane to lvl up faster and not split gold, while offering chances of ganking other lanes for kills. And as for good jungles lee sin udyr ammunu or however it is spelt nocturne is decent i hear as well

Linkness

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-05-2011

If your a beginner I would try werewick when he is free. He is one of the safest and fastest jungler

Cenerae

11-05-2011

Having a jungler brings several advantages.

It generates more gold from your team, as you're collectively farming from four lanes instead of three. It gives an additional solo lane for one more ally to get a leg up in experience with, and without having to share gold with the 5th team member while they compete for lasthits. Junglers provide map control. The enemy team won't know where you are (barring well placed Clairvoyance spells from the enemy support), and you being mia will make some people cautious of overextending without having warded. The jungler supports lanes by ganking them, covering for them, and possibly warding for then. He also secures dragon and baron with his Smite, which are important objectives, and can feed his AP carry the blue buff on the 2nd or 3rd respawn to help him win his lane.

The only advantage you have in not jungling vs a jungler is that you have a duo lane to zone out the enemy top lane with. However, this is a tiny advantage compared to what teams give up by not having one.

If you're interested in learning to jungle, I recommend going to solomid.net and finding TheOddOne's jungle tutorial. It covers all you need to know. Then after that, go to Youtube and look up Stonewall008. He has videos for many champions that show effective jungle clearing routes, and the runes and masteries used to do it. (Stonewall's vids don't cover ganking or anything, but the first thing you'll need to learn is how to actually clear the jungle and his vids are good for that)