Why are people banning Kog'maw?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Necks

11-05-2011

I mean, really?

I'm a huge Kog'maw fan. I play him all the time on Summoner's Rift. Next to Vayne, he's the strongest carry with the highest damage output potential.

However, Kog'maw is a sitting duck on Dominion. What good is a ranged autoattack steroid when any melee bruiser can jump onto Kog'maw with ease and explode him? In a game mode where 6-item Irelias and Xin Zhaos are running around the map terrorizing squishies, Kog'maw...the shining pillar of squishiness, has no place in Dominion.

So, what is the reason for the recent banning of Kog'maw in draft? What's stopping people from simply locking in as Poppy and, literally, 1-shotting him?

Let's be honest, is Kog'maw really worth banning? In my opinion, even Trollwalk Kassaderp is more ban-worthy.

AstaorthX

11-05-2011

Because he can hide in the bush and spam his ranged slime attacks and prevent people from capping causing alot of time to be killed while hes just there kiting around in a circle until someone shows up and kog and the other champ 2v1s or 2v2 or whatever the match up might be and be in favor of kog

Madra

11-05-2011

Are you serious or are you trying to hide the fact that all of your Kog'maw wins really aren't worth that much in Dominion?

Phourc

11-05-2011

Kog's hard to build defense against due to his pretty even split between physical and magic damage, has obnoxious range to prevent capping and even if you beat him 1v1 he's likely to kill you anyway with his passive, unless you juke him at the last second.

The only reason I stopped banning him is he suddenly became unpopular, I can't really imagine why though, my friend still does ridiculously good with him when he plays.

OxBaker

11-05-2011

I still don't see him as worthy of the 4th ban spot as hiemer or shaco but that's more due to him not being as popular. But I can definitely understand why players would ban him.

Degnared

11-05-2011

Well, my must-bans are Poppy and Shaco (unless I'm first pick, obviously). After that, it depends on what you or your team want to play. I'd certainly consider banning him over Jax or Akali. If I wanted to play heimer, I would certainly ban Kog.

Karma Harmony

11-05-2011

In my opinion, Kog'Maw is the #1 champion, stronger than any other

Quote:
Originally Posted by Degnared View Post
. If I wanted to play heimer, I would certainly ban Kog.
I certainly agree with this. Of all the champions, Kog'Maw is the one that utterly destroys Heimerdinger.

Argodis

11-05-2011

He's one of the strongest late game carries and in Dominion, late game is guaranteed.

He's good but I don't think he's ban worthy though. Many people just don't know how to fight against him.

Blackfire447

11-05-2011

Hate ban, just like Shaco, he is annoying to play against, you can't cap a point with him anywhere near the point cuz his ult has a massive range.

Anniie

11-05-2011

Heimer and Shaco can be easily dealt with by a variety of means. Kog Maw, not so much unless you're a really strong assassin.