I don't blame any one party for the WCG issue...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

thegreatunknown

11-05-2011

As the title says, any amount of blame *could be* placed on Voyboy, Jatt, Riot, WCG, or just competitive e-sports in general.

The general feeling I get after all I've seen (including SotL), I have to say I truly don't blame any one party for this issue. If I was forced into blaming, I'd lean towards WCG! The tournament itself messed us with unclear rules and loop holes that could be filled.

People like Dyrus were hurt by their chance to not go to Korea, which truly sucks! You say tell though that even he was a true champ and asked the community to not have their pitchforks out.

The last bit I wanted to add was that I truly hope a WCG issue, Dreamhack team switch, or Australian disaster never happens again. I truly hope fellow members of the community - you can see this NOT AS about Voyboy wrecking the tournament, Jatt being a Scumbag by switching teams, Marcou being fired, or serious bro hate from ReginaId.

Sincerely,

e-sports fan

Akdar

11-05-2011

I agree with you that it wasn't just one person that hoses CDE. You are correct that Voyboy, Jatt, Matt Marcou and WCG are to blame for this. None have stepped up and apologized or admitted what THEY did was wrong. Saying "lots went wrong with this but we did what we were told by THEM". And pointing at others is not stepping up and admitting fault.

THAT is what people are upset about. People say "Calm down it won't happen again.". But everyone involved said THEY did the right thing. When that happens there WILL be a situation like this again. And let's also be clear the **** with "There was confusion and ambiguity" is just another lie. There is no confusion people BROKE RULES. And then got on open forums and LIED. Saying "Riot and WCG were in discussion for hours working on this and agreed the best course of action.". And then both parties saying it wasn't us it was the other guy, is just a flat out lie.

Jhene

11-05-2011

politics