Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Rescue me from ELO hell.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gardna Serosin

11-04-2011

Trundle versus Udyr jungle in solo queue ranked, discuss.

Who can carry bads the easiest?

I'd say my jungle skill with them is relatively equal,
but I am quicker to counter jungle with trundle.

iP1ayJarvan

11-04-2011

i rose quite quickly from the 900's to 1100's with soraka. most of the time the reason some guys feed is because they overextend and get ganked, and the snowball starts there. with warding, cv and global heal to rescue those guys, you find that they actually can somehow carry eventually. applies to somewhat decent players, sometimes they don't even run when you triple ping a double gank coming their way, and you cant cure stupidity.

of course sometimes you have to play different roles, another one i find quite carryish is tanky dps, because they can end an early game quite quickly after just a few items.

do not expect to carry as a range carry if you have an unreliable team because a range carry relies on protection, and if you dont have that you wont succeed.

StrykRaishou

11-05-2011

They're both tier 1 bulky AD types... but as far as I can tell, Trundle is better at invasion, is the better candidate for a Wriggle's Lantern (probably because of Q), and he's the better pick against tanky teams (due to his ult).

Trundle doesn't have a stun though, and the pillar can potentially cause problems for your team in teamfights. Udyr has some more reliable sustain...... and the list goes on.

To answer your question .... it really depends. If you're expecting to have to stay away from base for a long time in the match or hold a lane for a teammate a lot, Udyr might be better for his early sustain in Turtle Stance. If the other team is building a lot of tanky types or has a lot of CC, you might want to have Trundle for his ult and W. If you need a good initiator, Trundle might be the better one there too, but if you need hard CC, Udyr. Trundle is probably the better guy to have counterjungling too, at least early on.

deepbluereason

11-05-2011

You have to be careful with Udyr because against certain team comps, if he's your team's only initiation you'll just get kited around and it won't be much fun and you'll probably lose.

FaerellG

11-05-2011

Stop jungling in ELO Hell.
If you are in ELO hell and jungling, then you are relying on not 1 but 2 people (who are statistically going to be bad players because you're in low ELO) to hold solo lanes.

Do you think that's a good idea?

PlayWithMe69

11-05-2011

Quote:
FaerellG:
Stop jungling in ELO Hell.
If you are in ELO hell and jungling, then you are relying on not 1 but 2 people (who are statistically going to be bad players because you're in low ELO) to hold solo lanes.

Do you think that's a good idea?

This guy is right. Win your lane and carry your team. The only solution I've heard to rise up is to take things into your own hands. Tell your team to play defensive and let you do the work. If they're playing defense, they wont die. Which means no feeding and more of a chance to win.

Silence7

11-05-2011

Quote:
PlayWithMe69:
Tell your team to play defensive and let you do the work. If they're playing defense, they wont die. Which means no feeding and more of a chance to win.

Wait. the bads can read now?

Defile

11-05-2011

udyr