Udyr Help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BendyBread

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2011

Hi there summoners.

I recently purchased Udyr and I've been practising with him. I've mainly got his build down, and I roughly know how to use him, but I need a lot more help it seems. I know which runes and masteries to take, so that's all set.

When I'm going through my first jungle cycle, I get quite low after doing blue buff (I do wolves, then blue, then wraiths, then double golems, then red). I take phoenix stance at level 1 and turtle at level 2, but when I was watching stonewall08 jungle, he ended up with almost full HP after doing wolves then blue buff. Yes, I do use a HP pot, and yes I do get a leash and smite the golem, but I still don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Now for stances. When I'm ganking, i assume I lead with bear stance, right? What do I do afterwards. People suggest quickly into tiger and then back into phoenix to get faster procs and more damage output. Is this method correct?

For turtle stance, I don't seem to be using the healing portion very well in conjunction with my skills. A in-depth guide/walkthrough on how to use turtle stance to its most effectiveness would be really appreciated.

Thank you for all the help and I appreciate the effort people take to give helpful responses.

Gardna Serosin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2011

Personally, I think full Tiger jungle is superior gank phase - end game.
Phoenix is a faster jungle, but the damage you can output from pre-loading tiger and charging in with bear is phenomenal.

As far as using Turtle effectively, use the shield to its utmost and if the creep is about to die stay in turtle for the mana regen/heal. You'll be more efficient with mana at the very least, and the healing sustain is nice. Most Udyr's I see often switch out of turtle as soon as they're in it, forfeiting all that beautiful sustain.

Araez

11-05-2011

It all depends on whether or not top is a viable solo-er. If he/she can manage by themselves without ganks till level 6 then do this:

Cloth Armor, 3 Health Pots.
Start at blue ---> wolves ---> wraiths --->golems. Recall accordingly. You should only use one or two pots at this start. You'll want to go Phoenix ---> Turtle ---> Pheonix ---> Turtle ---> Phoenix ---> Bear. The trick to jungling would be to spam Phoenix and Turtle, initiate with Phoenix, switch to Turtle, and so on.

If you can't start at blue for some reason:
Cloth Armor, 4 Health Pots
Start at wraiths (always smite mistah big and bad wraith first then Phoenix the rest) ---> wolves ---> blue ---> recall ---> golems ---> red ---> wraith/wolves depending on respawn, then gank.

If top needs ganks asap, start like this:

Cloth Armor, 5 Pots

Start blue with bear stance, then wolves, wraiths, golems, red, recall, gank

You should level your skills by Bear ---> Tiger ---> Phoenix ---> Bear ---> Tiger

If you can't start at blue:

Cloth Armor, 5 Pots

Start golems with Bear ---> Wraiths with Phoenix ---> Wolves ---> Blue ---> Gank

BendyBread

11-05-2011

Thanks a lot.

When I gank I feel kind of weak. I rush in and stun with bear, then switch to Phoenix, and I might get a kill, but I feel weak when I'm doing it. Then late game I feel weak and easy to kill. Even when I have tanky items, trinity force and wits end, I still feel as if I'm not doing much to help the team.