Any recommendations for a viable tank champion on dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phourc

11-05-2011

Amumu is indeed awesome, he doesn't really shine until he gets some CDR, but that's easy enough with ionian boots and an eventual frozen heart...

My base items are tanky/offensive like Odyn's, sunfire, abyssal, with his natural magic defense reduction and aoe damage over time, the enemy has a hard time making your health go down faster than theirs. ^^

73lack Valor

11-05-2011

Maokai, Singed. Both fantastic at turret turtling.

Darmival

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-05-2011

Alistar, Blitzcrank, Amumu ( if played well ), Rammus, Singed, Maokai, Leona

Kiddalee

11-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvinheimer View Post
Maokai is great but most likely you'll be on bottom lane all game.
What's this? I defend top with environment-control tanks like Maokai and Galio.

Doctor Tam

11-12-2011

Alistar is great. As long as you get a sheen > triforce so that you can actually burst people properly. You'll still lose 1v1 vs duelists, but you'll be more useful than pure tank.

NavyGothic

11-12-2011

I've seen Alistair, Maokai, Malphite and Cho'gath all used to great effect. And Rammus, obviously, but he's a permaban.

I think the key with any Dominion tank is that you don't want to go pure tank; that might work well in a 5v5, but it's less effective in the 2 or 3 person skirmishes that are more common in Dominion. You want to build with some decent offensive power so that you actually pose a threat.

Alvinheimer

11-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddalee View Post
What's this? I defend top with environment-control tanks like Maokai and Galio.
Well you have to put your best foot forward. Unless somebody on your team is an equally good defender, you'll want the best defender going bot generally.

MonsterMatt1010

11-12-2011

Alistar, Amumu, Shen, Leona, Cho'Gath...pretty much any of them. Throw a little AP and a bunch of Tank on any of them and they become extremely difficult to beat 1v1 and almost impossible to remove from a point with out a numbers advantage. Even Mundo can still play the role of a decent damage soak regardless of heal reduction.

iProbie

11-12-2011

try cdr tank ww with items like SV, merc's, frozen heart, odyn's/wit's end, mallet and kitae's

the huge healing from 3 sec cd Q, your passive + 200 armor(I currently run armor runes for this ww), 200 mr and 3000 hp makes him a very solid tanky derp and able to dive into 3 people with your teammates following you and survive with 500 hp remaining and pressing shift+4

you know how to make it worse for your enemies? get some -time dead quints and time dead masteries and you can shift+4 more