Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Any recommendations for a viable tank champion on dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Albearr0sity

11-04-2011

I've been playing with my friends a lot lately and I find that it would be helpful to have at least one tank in our group to help take some damage off of them. I tried out Galio earlier, but he just felt strange to me. From what you guys have seen who is a pretty good tank champ for dominion play? Or should I just choose a champ that is a beefy dps char? I was thinking Shen for his ability to teleport to a fight just like that, but I don't wanna blow my IP on him and then just hate him.

Hobocop

11-04-2011

Alistar is a solid pick.

Cho'gath is pretty good as well, as long as you don't go 100% tank on him.

Alvinheimer

11-04-2011

Maokai is great but most likely you'll be on bottom lane all game.

Albearr0sity

11-04-2011

Quote:
Alvinheimer:
Maokai is great but most likely you'll be on bottom lane all game.

Yeah I'm looking for a tank that would be more oriented towards team fights than going solo.

Alvinheimer

11-04-2011

In that case have you tried Leona?

Albearr0sity

11-04-2011

Quote:
Alvinheimer:
In that case have you tried Leona?

No but I was actually looking at her

Alvinheimer

11-04-2011

I haven't played her in Dominion but after playing against/along side her she definitely contributes to team fights. Gap closer, 2 stuns, aoe nuke, and super tanky.

KommunistKevin

11-04-2011

Why not just play a tanky dps champs and just build more tank and less dps?

Most of the pure tanks like Alistar/Leona/Amumu/Galio are pretty bad on this map since their kits are designed for 5 v 5 fights

Alvinheimer

11-04-2011

Quote:
KommunistKevin:
Why not just play a tanky dps champs and just build more tank and less dps?

Most of the pure tanks like Alistar/Leona/Amumu/Galio are pretty bad on this map since their kits are designed for 5 v 5 fights

That's a valid point, although i disagree with all of those champs except for Amumu.

You can make Irelia or Xin extremely hard to kill if you build tanky.

KommunistKevin

11-04-2011

Quote:
Alvinheimer:
That's a valid point, although i disagree with all of those champs except for Amumu.

You can make Irelia or Xin extremely hard to kill if you build tanky.

Alistar/Leona/galio are bad because they are extremely weak 1 v 1, they dont have the damage output to win a 2 v 2 fight

They can make strong defenders, but if the other team is halfway decent they will go for your mid, or they will gank when people run from the fountain to defend windmill

You are constantly going to be moving from fountain to windmill throughout the game smart players will hdie in the jugnle and kill you while youa re helpless