Yorick build for TTL noob

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Buddio

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2011

Going to try Tree line and my friend said Yorick is a good champ, so any good suggested builds and skill orders for Yorick?

Thanks.

marklukejohn

11-04-2011

Start out with sapphire crystal
Buy Teardrop-->manamune
Get boots after tear or manamune, Get level 2 depending on the other team comp.
MANAMUNE IS YORICKS CORE ITEM. LETS YOU SPAM AD GIVES YOU AD, HE NEEDS THE MANA AND HE SPAMS ALOT OF SKILLS SO ITS AWESOMEEEEOOOO

From here, it depends on the enemy team. Some people build spirit visage if the enemy team has AP, spirit gives cooldown reduction, mr, and lets you heal up harder on your E attack.

The next item that people like to get is frozen heart. More mana for your manamune damage, nice armor and attack speed debuff for enemy AD champs.

From here it really varies....Trinity force, warmogs atmas, blood thirster, I've seen people go for all of these.

FOR RUNES
I go armor pen reds, attack damage quints, mana regen per level yellows, and flat MR blues.
FOR MASTERIES I go 1-8-21. 1 point into exhaust skill, 8 points-3 for armor 3 for MR and 2 for health regen from max mana. 21 into utility for more mana regen, experience gain, buff duration, cool down, faster summoners.

GAMEPLAY.
YORICK IS A SOLO LANE CHAMPION-or duo lane
start off with a point in w, it lets you check bushes and slows enemies for lvl 1 ganks.
Next put a point into e everytime it is available. Level up q and w equally. Grab ultimate whenever possible.

Your goal is to outlane champions
1. get last hits and farm
2. punish champions for overextending
a) punish them by using w and then e, this combo usually lets you end up with more health even if they attack you.

once you hit level 5, you should be able to take out minicamps without losing much health at all, and your mana from teardrop/manamune should also be fine.

Tactileneck

11-05-2011

Great build above, I'd personally recommend getting triforce or atmogs though, after the Manamune. Triforce if your team has managed to feed, and atmogs if the game seems balanced. The many other suggestions are viable, but getting that extra survivability with burst combined is always a nice touch.

Razekal

11-06-2011

I actually go about it slightly differently,

Runes:
Flat AD Reds
Flat AD Quints
5 Armor, 4 MP5/lvl Yellows
5 MR Blue. 4 MP5/lvl Blues

Masteries:
0/9/21
I take utility for the 6% cdr, move speed, and summoner recharge reductions, and go strength of spirit after getting the 6 armor and MR in defence. I have also seen success with a standard 9/0/21 caster page

Skills:
R > E > W > Q
Wait before picking first spell, if a gank happens take W otherwise get E and start getting last hits. Pick up a rank in Q at lvl 4, and ignore it until the end.

Items:
My starting items are always a Meki Pendant and 2 pots, although sometimes I'll switch out the pots for a ward if I expect an easy lane. I then pick up boots 1 and tear asap, upgrading boots to counter their team (hurp durp tryn+gp+Jax? Ninja tabi. Rumble pre-nerf morde and ap sion? Mercs)

I *always* pick up Manamune, Spirit Visage, and Glacial Shroud. The reason for these items is because Yorick scales ridiculously well with AD, and CDR. He also spams spells, as markluke said. With those items and the 6% cdr from masteries you're at 36%, which then gets capped once you upgrade to Frozen Heart. The order I build these depends on their team comp. Usually I build Manamune first unless I *really* need the armor, then Spirit to get my lower base MR up to speed, then glacial.

From there its largely situational, and I build to counter their team. If they're AD heavy I upgrade GS to FH. AP heavy and I'll build Bveil. I then try to move towards picking up an Atma's impaler and another item to compliment it (Frozen Mallet, if I haven't already picked up Bveil). To be honest I haven't tried out Triforce extensively, but I've heard a lot of good things about it.