Pando Help?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WherezDeez

06-25-2010

Bump. Still experiencing problems

Tarkonen

06-26-2010

Check the windows event viewer for errors related to PMB.exe, it should give you a better error message than just "Application Error".

WherezDeez

06-27-2010

Ok, I wasn't able to actually get the installer to work, but I was able to successfully dl the game from fileplanet here: http://www.fileplanet.com/111621/0/0...n/Game_Clients
It's a really old client version so it takes a while to patch, but it did work, so hopefully it'll work for y'all as well

Spoonkill

06-29-2010

I found this post on the D&D forums as that game also uses Pando to distribute it's files. Might help someone.

I had exactly this problem, both at home and work.

At home, I resolved it to changing my DNS servers to Google's public DNS. (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) from OpenDNS. I assume the difference in Google's and OpenDNS's friendly html error pages were to blame. As in, ddostandard.exe was incorrectly interpreting one of them.

At work, I have yet to resolve it. I have run the installer while sniffing the packets, and ddostandard.exe seems to be looking to connect to "http://" (that's right, no URL)

This returns a "there's an error in your request" from my local proxy (at work). At home, it probably returned an error from Google's public DNS.

ddostandard.exe seemed satisfied with Google's response, but will not accept a "Your request was malformed" response as "Internet access".

The application is written incorrectly, and that's the problem.

The fix for my work machine was to bypass the local proxy by adding an iptables NAT rule to my border router.

These are not things anyone should ever have to do to make the installer work. Tech support can blame it on "you have a proxy/accellerator" if they want to, but that's a cop out.

To summarize:
Your DNS server must return what ddostandard.exe expects
Your gateway IP must return what ddostandard.exe expects
ddostandard.exe expects things that are not standard's-compliant, and therefore is sometimes broken on some clients' machines

kidjenius

06-30-2010

BUMP i've been having the same problem and it's pissing me off. I thought it was just my computer but im glad others are experiencing it too so that riot would realize they hav a serious problem. has anyone found any more solutions?

RIOT HELP US

XxNalyd

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-02-2010

I am having the exact same problem. I tried downloading off of file planet and that did not work either. Has anyone found a solution?

kidjenius

07-03-2010

bump