Countering the "Counter-AP mids"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

2pudge1cup

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2011

I seem to be having a lot of games lately where the enemy solo is one of those big hard counters to a standard AP mid. I've been doing 3 normal draft queue because blind pick is stupid and because you can't do ranked with 3 for whatever reason. My typical AP mid heroes include cass, anivia, orianna. My two friends APs are leblanc, brand, gragas, akali.

Our issue though is that when we run into one of those anti-casters like a galio, morgana, kassadin, talon we either stalemate the lane or worse off lose it altogether. Anyone know what a good counter pick to those would be? Can be AD AP or anything I just want to know what's the best way to deal with seeing a morgana or kassadin mid every game you don't ban them.

EvrMoar

11-10-2011

Cho, Irelia, Morde, any tanky bruiser type that can push but also take a beating. Just have your ap go top and take your top lane bruiser down to mid

LancerXXX

11-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateraluss View Post
Cho, Irelia, Morde, any tanky bruiser type that can push but also take a beating. Just have your ap go top and take your top lane bruiser down to mid
Let Cho'Gath/Mordekaiser/Rumble be your AP carry

Kiddalee

11-11-2011

To sum up your situation:

Your opponent is countering exactly what they know you are going to do.

Solution:

Stop playing exactly the way everybody expects you to play.

Send your AP top to zone their poor bruiser.

NakedGranny

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateraluss View Post
unsurprisingly, the LoL community is slow to catch on to the obvious strategies to counter the oh-so-new and sparkly -~*meta*~-