Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Swain help----nuff' said

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

T3cK

11-04-2011

OK, so I've been playing Swain for a while now and have gotten pretty **** good at him in 5's and 3's. I've shifted more into dominion lately and it seems that every time I go bot I get completely destroyed by whoever they send down.

Should I just not be going bot or is there something wrong with my playstyle/build? I usually start with boots+blasting wand and go for RoA, Sorc shoes, Zhonyas, Rylais, Abyssal Scepter and Rabadons.

If I go top I usually do pretty well, if not 1st or 2nd on the team. Bot I tend to play similarly to 5's laning while being slightly more cautious against ganks (because swain is on everyone's ****list in dom).

Any help here would be appreciated.

Thanks!
T3cK

VoicesOnTheWind

11-04-2011

Max nevermove first. Clearing minion waves is a priority bot against good pushers like Yorick, Morgana, and Heimer.

Veztai

11-04-2011

I've tried in a couple times in bot as well, got dominated, badly,

Zavy

11-04-2011

I've gotten absolutely destroyed by Swain in Dominion. I don't think I saw him bottom though... but I have a hard time thinking he can't be good there.

Onyx of Darkness

11-04-2011

I never play him bottom, always top, much better in the team fight situation, and I go a slightly tankier defender build, rather than straight AP. Will of the Ancients is still a decent item on him, despite the heal nerf for Dominion. Cooldown reduction is also useful, but I don't follow a strict build, it changes every match depending on the enemy composition.

Anniie

11-04-2011

last time I played Swain bot I destroyed him, but I went catalyst and he didn't. Try catalyst, it's a bit silly solo bot for a lot of guys.

NetherGate

11-05-2011

I used to have a great swain build in dominion ,but I forgot it, lol. And now I suck with him sadly. I seem to recall a chalice and frozen heart for unlimited mana, excellent cdr, a little mag res, and great armor. TO leave his ult on pretty much the entire duration of battle is nice. I dont remember exactly how I configured the other items and runes to give him some potency though. Without potency, it aint much health regen, and without more tankiness he drops too fast as well. Good luck.

Necrophiliac

11-05-2011

Go top and build tankier. Rushing RoA is good. Sorc boots or merc treads depending on enemy team comp. Then WotA and/or spirit visage followed by hextech sweeper or haunting guise. Then just go defense depending on their team comp, zhonda's hourglass and force of nature are top choices. Frozen heart is good if they have a lot of auto attackers.

Raptoreyes

11-07-2011

Quote:
DedPheonix:
I used to have a great swain build in dominion ,but I forgot it, lol. And now I suck with him sadly. I seem to recall a chalice and frozen heart for unlimited mana, excellent cdr, a little mag res, and great armor. TO leave his ult on pretty much the entire duration of battle is nice. I dont remember exactly how I configured the other items and runes to give him some potency though. Without potency, it aint much health regen, and without more tankiness he drops too fast as well. Good luck.

I support this message! Max out CDR and get giant amounts of mana regen. Just remember that Swains ultimate does not scale well with AP. Swain is also one of the few characters you bring clarity on to give yourself extra duration on your ultimate in a pinch while spamming spells. However they will soon be buffing the cleanse spell to remove summoner effects so you might want to replace clarity with cleanse and buy even more mana regen to compensate while building a thorn mail later on to so you can tank long enough to kill carries in the late game. (still it will be a tight tolerance win if you win as that healing debuff on Dom needs to be reduced or removed)