Why does Dom have reduced healing

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

daveuh

11-06-2011

it's riot work, what do you expect ?
they reduce healing while increasing armor pen and magic pen.
So dumb people will just run around to get kills isntead of playing like a team.

Silpheed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2011

Lifesteal and spell vamp would be too dominant without the healing reduction. They're both incredibly powerful in small scale fights.

Phourc

11-06-2011

While I too enjoy jumping to conclusions, the reason riot has stated for nerfing heals is the same as nerfing armor/mresist - it's balanced around SR's 5v5 fights, and would be too strong on dominion's smaller skirmishes.

Raptoreyes

11-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerodynamic View Post
It's to prevent siege, but the problem is that it destroyed a lot of people who have to rely on healing. There are a few champions with heals that do well on Dominion, but it wasn't because they were dependent on a healing mechanic, such as Sona, Warwick, Alistar. However champion that have been balanced around their heal are struggling such as Mundo, Vlad, and Nidalee. I personally think they need to remove the healing debuff, because it's making a few champs way too underpowered. (I believe you can still play nidalee effectively if you go tanky dps cougar form, so I should clarify ap nidalee as underpowered.)
Maxing cooldown and AP and going spear is also a great stragety but you have to be good enough to catch people mid movement when they are unlikely to issue a new move command. AP CDR nidalee is great but only if your good at sticking people with spears when fighting worthy opponents... this is definitively harder to do then going tank Nidalee. Still the fact that people have to sit still to channel towers and will almost always take a wrote though the jungle that includes a speed shrine, makes sticking max range spears much easier at times. However I agree with Mundo and Vlad.

The real reason they de-buffed healing was the poor performance of the match making software. The winning team was literally locking the loosing team into their base if they had a pair of healing champs. Still the de-buff was a bad solution for this. Just give a de-buff that lowers damage as you get deep into enemy territory as in the mid and bottom tower and base ramps. Riot however has not been smart enough to think about location based terrain based buffs and de-buffs. Too bad because Mundo and Vlad are not the only champions that suffer under this healing debuff. Many champs are balanced around buying lots of hp regen early (like Mordikaiser) in order to less bad and now they are simply super hard mode for a player on dominion.

Raptoreyes

11-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phourc View Post
While I too enjoy jumping to conclusions, the reason riot has stated for nerfing heals is the same as nerfing armor/mresist - it's balanced around SR's 5v5 fights, and would be too strong on dominion's smaller skirmishes.

This lodgic does not wash as most champs could build half tank on dominion if armor and Mrez were "too strong" and game play would actually be better as it would take more attacks to kill somebody allowing for more play and counter play to take place. Damage items in this game are already too strong vs available survivability items but at least the game is much less insane then Heros of Newearth were just about 3 hits of anything will kill even a tank.

lbgsloan

11-07-2011

It's a necessary evil, as certain champs would be too strong in 1v1 fights if they had 20% more sustain. It unfortunately screwed a number of other champs in the process, but I'd rather see a few champs be UP than see a few champs be gamebreakingly OP.

Mundo and Vlad needed help long before Dominion.

frumper

11-07-2011

Would still like to see the healing nerf only affect items and not abilities.

With that said, I still don't understand it, because I think it creates more problems than it fixes.

Phourc

11-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptoreyes View Post
This lodgic does not wash as most champs could build half tank on dominion if armor and Mrez were "too strong" and game play would actually be better as it would take more attacks to kill somebody allowing for more play and counter play to take place..
How does that not wash?

That's what Riot has said, supposedly defense/heals were too good in alpha (before we even got to see it), and riot took steps against it with the crystal scar aura.

I mean, you can 'nu-uh!' all you want but I'm just passing along the info I heard via the people who made Dominion. xP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptoreyes View Post
The real reason they de-buffed healing was the poor performance of the match making software. The winning team was literally locking the loosing team into their base if they had a pair of healing champs. Still the de-buff was a bad solution for this.
Dat theory. o_O

WindWhip

11-07-2011

The obvious answer would be riot hates supports.

Phourc

11-07-2011

Obviously!