Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Why does Dom have reduced healing

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JayceJa

Senior Member

11-04-2011

Quote:
TouchinMyself:
Honestly though certain champs would just ruin all the fun for everyone. Imagine soraka without the nerf, imagine yorick with 20% more sustain!


25%, the difference from 100% to 80% is 20% decrease, but 80% to 100% is a relative 25% increase, without the debuff yorick would be healing 25% more than he is now. scary

semantics aside, sustainability has a big impact on dominion as you need to be staying around defending points, champions with heals have a big impact as they can allow other champions to stay on a point for a much more extended period of time


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TouchinMyself

Senior Member

11-04-2011

Quote:
JayceJa:
25%, the difference from 100% to 80% is 20% decrease, but 80% to 100% is a relative 25% increase, without the debuff yorick would be healing 25% more than he is now. scary

semantics aside, sustainability has a big impact on dominion as you need to be staying around defending points, champions with heals have a big impact as they can allow other champions to stay on a point for a much more extended period of time


Sorry too late for math XD


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Luvz

Senior Member

11-05-2011

its cuz they dont want certain champs to heal 3 people camping a turret for 20 minutes straight while they take turns shopping 1 champ at a time the rest healed to full health


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blackfire447

Senior Member

11-05-2011

Quote:
luvz:
its cuz they dont want certain champs to heal 3 people camping a turret for 20 minutes straight while they take turns shopping 1 champ at a time the rest healed to full health


So its to nerf support then? Even tho dom is mostly small 2v2 and 3v3 skirmishes, in which support do not do very well...

Doesn't seem necessary IMO...Dont see too many supports anyways, aside from teh occasional Sona


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TouchinMyself

Senior Member

11-05-2011

Quote:
Blackfire447:
So its to nerf support then? Even tho dom is mostly small 2v2 and 3v3 skirmishes, in which support do not do very well...

Doesn't seem necessary IMO...Dont see too many supports anyways, aside from teh occasional Sona


I see janna from time to time. Move speed, slow, huge poke/CC and her ult is pretty awesome when defending a turret.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Squidget

Senior Member

11-05-2011

Supports are pretty good on Dominion (they tend to fill the role of secondary damager + peel/CC), but you won't see it in solo queue until people start thinking in terms of team comp instead of picking 5 damagers.

As for the OP - sustain is nerfed in Dominion so that people have to go back and heal when they get low.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pig of denmark

Senior Member

11-05-2011

to make all the bad ppl who play vlad saying its just a nerf to him!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mailius

Senior Member

11-05-2011

My guess is probably because they added it to the aura before they cut the coefficients of all the heals in half while also increasing most of their cooldowns, and never bothered to change it afterwards.

I honestly don't think it's a huge deal, it keeps some higher end champions weaker, but if they wanted to do that, they could adjust the aura to only affect lifesteal/spellvamp, and leave the heals alone. The only high end hero that would really affect is Soraka, which wouldn't be a huge deal.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chingmeister

Senior Member

11-06-2011

Healing is balanced around 0 CS 0 AP SR healers healing IE carry attacks.

So to keep the 3XX AP healers in check they had to nerf healing.

Soraka is still OP though...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Greggypants

Junior Member

11-06-2011

there's also spirit visage, i use it for AD Sion. 15 percent increase of healing and regeneration effects. plus some health and MR. i usually take this item first. (i don't know if it helps when other players cast heal on you)


123