Why does Dom have reduced healing

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JayceJa

11-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchinMyself View Post
Honestly though certain champs would just ruin all the fun for everyone. Imagine soraka without the nerf, imagine yorick with 20% more sustain!
25%, the difference from 100% to 80% is 20% decrease, but 80% to 100% is a relative 25% increase, without the debuff yorick would be healing 25% more than he is now. scary

semantics aside, sustainability has a big impact on dominion as you need to be staying around defending points, champions with heals have a big impact as they can allow other champions to stay on a point for a much more extended period of time

TouchinMyself

11-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayceJa View Post
25%, the difference from 100% to 80% is 20% decrease, but 80% to 100% is a relative 25% increase, without the debuff yorick would be healing 25% more than he is now. scary

semantics aside, sustainability has a big impact on dominion as you need to be staying around defending points, champions with heals have a big impact as they can allow other champions to stay on a point for a much more extended period of time
Sorry too late for math XD

Luvz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2011

its cuz they dont want certain champs to heal 3 people camping a turret for 20 minutes straight while they take turns shopping 1 champ at a time the rest healed to full health

Blackfire447

11-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvz View Post
its cuz they dont want certain champs to heal 3 people camping a turret for 20 minutes straight while they take turns shopping 1 champ at a time the rest healed to full health
So its to nerf support then? Even tho dom is mostly small 2v2 and 3v3 skirmishes, in which support do not do very well...

Doesn't seem necessary IMO...Dont see too many supports anyways, aside from teh occasional Sona

TouchinMyself

11-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackfire447 View Post
So its to nerf support then? Even tho dom is mostly small 2v2 and 3v3 skirmishes, in which support do not do very well...

Doesn't seem necessary IMO...Dont see too many supports anyways, aside from teh occasional Sona
I see janna from time to time. Move speed, slow, huge poke/CC and her ult is pretty awesome when defending a turret.

Squidget

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-05-2011

Supports are pretty good on Dominion (they tend to fill the role of secondary damager + peel/CC), but you won't see it in solo queue until people start thinking in terms of team comp instead of picking 5 damagers.

As for the OP - sustain is nerfed in Dominion so that people have to go back and heal when they get low.

pig of denmark

11-05-2011

to make all the bad ppl who play vlad saying its just a nerf to him!

Mailius

11-05-2011

My guess is probably because they added it to the aura before they cut the coefficients of all the heals in half while also increasing most of their cooldowns, and never bothered to change it afterwards.

I honestly don't think it's a huge deal, it keeps some higher end champions weaker, but if they wanted to do that, they could adjust the aura to only affect lifesteal/spellvamp, and leave the heals alone. The only high end hero that would really affect is Soraka, which wouldn't be a huge deal.

Chingmeister

11-06-2011

Healing is balanced around 0 CS 0 AP SR healers healing IE carry attacks.

So to keep the 3XX AP healers in check they had to nerf healing.

Soraka is still OP though...

Greggypants

11-06-2011

there's also spirit visage, i use it for AD Sion. 15 percent increase of healing and regeneration effects. plus some health and MR. i usually take this item first. (i don't know if it helps when other players cast heal on you)