How to jungle?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sidy Du Fierce

11-04-2011

Hi, Im sorta still new to the exact ways to play each roll, and ive yet to try jungling yet. Im hoping to try to jungle wit shyvana (once i buy her) and to practice im going to try jungling with irelia for now. Can anyone give me tips or even just lay out exactly what I should and shouldnt do while jungling with these 2 champs? Id really help me alot. its hard for me to remember which buff is where in the jungle and which is most important/ easier to get. Its all very confusing and any help thatll clear some of this stuff up will really help :3

Josh Penney

11-04-2011

Irelia is a really bad jungler and really rune dependant.

Go to www.solomid.net (http://www.solomid.net) and read theoddones jungle guides for any champions.

for most junglers you need armor pen reds, flat armor yellows, any blue, and armor pen quints

if you are having trouble then go 0/21/9 masteries.

the most jungle friendly champions are warwick, nunu, nocturne, trundle, udyr, and a couple of others. www.reignofelementz.com and look in stonewalls jungle for a tier list and some extra information. Hope this helps some.

Edit: nice cosplay you are a cutie! i think that was you...i forget.

Revant tillywink

11-04-2011

well for one i wouldnt jungle with irelia she dosent seem like a jungler idk i dont even play her but that's my 2 cents. i dont own shyvana (or plan to buy her) but im sure people will help and youtube could never hurt. but i will tell you that if your playing blue team the monster farthest to the left is blue buff and the middle monster on the right jungle is red buff. and since ima noob the wolves right to the blue buff are what i would call the easiest. and if you really want to jungle you cant go wrong with war wick. good luck in the future man!

Sidy Du Fierce

11-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggrender View Post
Irelia is a really bad jungler and really rune dependant.

Go to www.solomid.net (http://www.solomid.net) and read theoddones jungle guides for any champions.

for most junglers you need armor pen reds, flat armor yellows, any blue, and armor pen quints

if you are having trouble then go 0/21/9 masteries.

the most jungle friendly champions are warwick, nunu, nocturne, trundle, udyr, and a couple of others. www.reignofelementz.com and look in stonewalls jungle for a tier list and some extra information. Hope this helps some.

Edit: nice cosplay you are a cutie! i think that was you...i forget.
yea that was me lol. anyways, is shyvana a good jungler?

Cenerae

11-04-2011

In addition to TheOddOne's guide, you can look up stonewall008 on youtube. He has jungle routes, masteries and runesets for many champs. It only covers the jungle minion killing part, but should help you out at the start.

Josh Penney

11-04-2011

shyvana not a good jungler because she has no CC to gank with. you would need to go smite/exhaust to be able to gank well.

Daerkannon

11-04-2011

Quote:
shyvana not a good jungler because she has no CC to gank with. you would need to go smite/exhaust to be able to gank well.
Shyvana is a great jungler from the definition of being able to jungle and kill creeps. However in most people's minds 'jungler' is synonymous with 'ganker', thus the above answer. Her W gives her a nice boost of speed and her R is, of course, great for diving out of bushes and over walls at people so she's not hopeless at it. With a team that knows what to expect out of her and brings their own CC to lane she'll be even more successful.

Cenerae

11-04-2011

Quote:
Jungling isn't only about ganking though.

A great jungler clears fast, can invade the enemy jungle and fight the enemy jungler 1v1 effectively, as well as gank lanes and take dragon. They also have the ability to be flexible with their jungling routes to take advantage of potential ganks and the like.

Of those things, Shyvana's only really weak at ganking. Her jungle speed and invasion is great, and she can shred dragon with a wriggle's or madred's razor. In addition, she can start pretty much anywhere she wants. Her being really, really bad at ganking prevents her from being an amazing jungler, but since she's good at everything else, it leaves her as an overall decent jungler. She's no Udyr or Skarner, but that doesn't make her bad at it.

dafrasianest

11-04-2011

Shyvana is more of an advanced jungler because you will have to do most of your damage to the enemy by counter jungling. To pick up a basic jungler, buy warwick or fiddlesticks. Both can jungle reasonably well and their jungling mechanics are easy to understand.