Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Inside Design: Summoner Spells and Season Two!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShiroYuki

11-04-2011

Quote:
OptiMaLL:
they are just making the game easier for the less skilled players who think that clarity is the best spell ever. What they are doing is homogenizing the population, not allowing for more of a skill cap. Flashing through the fatter walls on bot was always really hard and must be timed, but I guess just popping a new spell that gives you more AP/AD/etc. is more "skill" to riot. Seriously, do you all really think that hitting F and seeing a big minion appear that kills turrets allows for more skillful playing? There is no reason to change summoners right now, and its really going to mark a low point in the patch history for league of legends because of the huge reprocussions that this is going to have. Think about AD carries, think of how squishy you are right now. Without flash good luck getting away from a huge bruiser that does more burst than you and has double your HP with atmogs. The balance in this game is constantly teetering, and they have done a really really good job with balance lately, but these summoner spell changes are going to be completely horrific.

It comes down to bad critical thinking, I see where riot is coming from with the new pro-aggressive mentality, but ruining the best ability in the game is going to affect every. single. champion. You think that nerfing your favorite champions coefficients sucked and changed your gameplay? Wait til you see how ****ty this game becomes when sivir with smite and promote kills your turret at 6 minutes because you went back to buy a dorans blade.

Tanky DPS will continue to get better with these kinds of changes, and gameplay isn't getting more interesting. FUUUUUUUU

again i think you sir are missing the point right now Mages are stronger then AD for the first half of the game so when vsing a mage you have to play defensively and very passive in most cases and that isant very fair on auto attackers now is it more over Rally was useless i think the only champion that ever took it was shaco for ap box spam boost now its a buff that will cause people to focus on the champion useing it so tanks will likely take it to buff there team in fights and maybe supports will use it to make them more active in team fights rather them just standing back being a healbot-/skillshot shield when called for

Neoman321

11-04-2011

I like everything but the flash nerf
I also just got used to using fortify and i enjoyed using it to punish tower divers :P

redmaw226

11-04-2011

Riot, Nerfing flash will further mess up the mobility imbalance in the game and make a lot of champions a lot less viable, if at all. I'm not saying that a change wasn't needed or bad no matter what, but you didn't even attempt to address the problems the change might cause in your post which leads us to believe you didn't think it through at all and are making a huge mess of things.

Razz Ako

11-04-2011

Flash encourages aggressive play l0l

Krysthal

Recruiter

11-04-2011

GG riot, wp, i used to main supports, u **** me so hard, twice.

The Jaffe

11-04-2011

I'm interested to see surge and the heal changes, Flash will still go over walls, itll just be less skill-less now as you'll have to be closer to the walls.

Uberl33tpw3n

11-04-2011

Personally, I belive flash is fine. True, it allows people to have a "get out of jail free crard" but it also allows you to close distances and be agressive. What really irritates me is that they are buffing heal, (which is way more hated) and they removed flash which accually added tactical elements to the game. With clairvoyance, you get sight and it can allow you to strategize and accually think about what you are going to do. Alot of teamfights revolve around the use of that clairvoyance. Roit, listen to me,if you want to make your good game better, dont touch flash and clairvoyance and instead think about ways to add strategic elements and fun play styles to the game. Also, i think it needs a bit more of a skill cap. DOTA and HON have creep denial, that would add to the skill cap and make the game better in ranked games and tournaments.. Also, having played both DOTA and HON, i will say (even though i enjoy LOL the most) that the auto attacks are alot harder to hit and you accually need to time your hits right. i think this would be a good idea, seeing as it will add to the skill cap. By buffing heal and giving a new ability that gives higher stats, all that does is make the game easier for noobs and takes out alot of the really cool things about LOL. Riot, please, dont touch these spells.

Empire

11-04-2011

Nerf the spell that promotes aggressive game play in hopes that people will play more aggressive, makes sense.

The Gamer Nerd

11-04-2011

How do you enter season 2? Give me exact instructions

Harpsicord

11-04-2011

Just throw in the new spells and bump Heal and Cleanse. Flash nerf? Terrible. CV nerf? Stupid.