Inside Design: Summoner Spells and Season Two!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SirSteed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2011

This is a great idea, but something that I think that should also be addressed is Masteries, and how they work with Summoner Spells.

Instead of giving them slight buffs to the effects that they do, why not have the mastery point totally change how they operate?

Lets say you have Ignite. It does base true damage and reduces the effectivness of healing.
Instead of that, you can point a mastery point into Ignite called Conflagration(or something similar, you get what I mean.), that would get rid of the healing reduction, and instead does true damage = 2-3% of their Current health per tick, for 5 ticks, making it great to open with on a tank/tanky dps, but cant give you those running juke kills.

FastClear

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2011

Nerfing CV? Really? You guys really hate support players, don't you.

Flyclops

11-04-2011

J4 just got buffed!

....in the future.

Esaru

11-04-2011

nerf the duration OR the range on flash..not both

tentacle dreams

11-04-2011

dislike

Kenshin Akira

11-04-2011

Hrm. Rally's replacement in 'Surge' seems rather interesting. I'm curious about the numbers for that buff though. From the description, it sounds like a miniature version of Taric's Ultimate though. Also, will it be considered an applied buff to the team that remains after the user's death, or be treated as an aura where if the user dies, that's it, the summoner spell runs out immediately?

Esarius

11-04-2011

About **** time.

Shamezorz

11-04-2011

Then it would be time to pick up ignite exhaust/ignite ghost I guess.

Mooglefrooglian

11-04-2011

Awesome, awesome changes.

PlasmaCat

11-04-2011

boo, flash nerfs