Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Inside Design: Summoner Spells and Season Two!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FmL LayfoN

11-04-2011

Éçlipsè

11-04-2011

dont buff cleanse , the tryndameres will *shudders*

Demonicous

11-04-2011

Quote:
Nomn:
inb4 5 surge, taric, sivir, jarvan, gangplank, sona stacking aura items meta

Yup... thats what i always wanted... to have to pick from an even more limited number of viable champs now.

FailIncorporated

11-04-2011

Loving this. flash nerf. sea of babies crying about their flash does not need to be changed. love you riot just wish this would have happened sooner.

Aluminar

11-04-2011

Quote:
somewhere:
what is this soccer? i guess every game should end with a 0-0 score. the games not intresting if firstblood doesnt happen till the 20 minute mark come on use your brain, flash is a lame crutch for baddies who refuse to buy wards or postion themselfs currectly.

nice spelling.

ever watch a high elo game? the difference between a good player and a bad one is the ability to not die. Some of the most fun games Ive ever played didnt get fb till the 30 minute mark. That doesnt mean there were no fights, it just means there's no lemmings in games like that.

Furthermore flash is the only real defense against focus, especially mid-late game where being out of place means instant death for a squishy. Thing is "being out of place" is another way of saying "within ability/attack range" Having flash allows mages and ranged dps's the chance to actually last long enough in a teamfight to matter and not just implode right away. Breaking flash will only encourage more tanky dps play, which by the way, is way less fun to deal with than passive early games

Rivini

11-04-2011

Quote:
“Surge” is a brand new summoner spell that will imbue your champion with a powerful aura, boosting the combat effectiveness of both you and your allies.

I can see this being useful for junglers to clear their jungles faster.

Kejmur

11-04-2011

Quote:
Nunu will be so OP its not even funny... Teemo and Shaco are going to be so jelous that their traps hidden in bushes are no longer going to be as scary of a tactic as Nunu conjuring up a snowstorm of doom like a Yeti Ninja .... and yes you cant flash out of the invisible snowstorm.

Good luck escaping Kassadin or Ezreal (and don't even bother try to catch up to them with Flash nerf if you want to counterattack by playing offensively against them). Good luck trying to escape RIDICULOUS slow from Nasus without jumping throw wall with flash (which actually needs SKILL, I saw so many fail flashes not making through walls). Good luck trying to stop Singed fling + his mud. There are so many examples like this it's not even funny. This change makes some champions too strong making game even more inbalanced, it's gonna be a mess. At best we may see Cleanse + Ghost on ALL champions instead of Flash. So instead of 10 Flashes we may see 20 Ghosts + Cleanses (or Heals, depending on how much its boosted). Ye, indeed, it will make game more 'unique', mark my words.

Holyninja90

Recruiter

11-04-2011

It would be nice if flash had a range notification on hovering over the spell. Similar to Nocturne and Pantheons Ultimate's. If the range changes it could be useful for people to get used to it.

Demonicous

11-04-2011

Quote:
Survivor of Hath:
To everyone posting that flash shouldn't be nerfed because it is the only good summoner spell.... are you retarded? That is a reason for it to be nerfed. I don't want the nerf because it goes against the idea of more aggression. You have no initiator, and no escape for when you play too aggressively. Just not a good idea for what RIOT is promoting.
Having said that, I don't mind the nerf outside of the fact it makes champs with gap closers extremely dominant.

Dude... too many OP champs have ways of closing the distance between you and them... and I say OP because they will become OP when Flash gets nerfd this hard.

sizzackz

Master Recruiter

11-04-2011

yeah i like this too screw flash such a dumb summoner spell....