Seals for a Pantheon and Riven?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Teamius2041

11-04-2011

I'm looking for a good choice of seal for my Pantheon and Riven rune page. I have full AD marks, Magic resist glyphs, and Health Q.

I'm debating over Dodge, Healh per level, or Armor seals. If I do get all dodge, what will the Dodge chance be?

aFineWayToDie

11-04-2011

My rune page for Pantheon goes something like this:

Armor Pen marks - I'd take these over flat AD, although flat AD isn't a bad option.

Flat Armor/Dodge seals - Armor or Dodge is really a personal preference. I take the dodge masteries on my Pantheon mastery page, and the dodge seals synergize really well. Downside: Pretty freaking expensive. Flat armor seals are the better option as far as bang for your IP.

MR per level/Cooldown reduction glyphs - I prefer the MR per level, but I've heard that CDR works well too.

Flat AD/Armor pen quints - I like the armor pen quints, but flat AD works really well too. I've never used health quints, but I'd wager they're a viable option.

Thané

11-04-2011

in not a fan of dodge myself, simply cause i feel you need ninja tabi to make if effective. if you take flat armor, you would be pretty **** durable in the early lane.

LancerXXX

11-04-2011

If your champion goes for Defensive Masteries or synergises with dodge/slight movement speed increases while being focused by minions, take dodge. If not, take armor.

Teamius2041

11-04-2011

I have armor pen marks, its just I want to be able to do some damage since new Panth relies on bonus AD, I do not like Quin AD because it is pretty weak, only 6.65, I would rather take the health Quins that leave me starting at about 600 health more then the AD Quins.

aFineWayToDie

11-04-2011

Armor pen is going to increase your effective damage much like AD would early game, although in most scenarios armor pen scales better into late game, unless your fighting a Rammus with 300+ armor. I'm not sure on the exact numbers, but I'll do some digging and post what I find. I've always been a fan of the armor pen but who knows. If you do take flat AD marks, I'd probably supplement it with armor pen quints at least. I've never used health runes on Pantheon to be honest. It's probably not a bad option, but I personally feel the armor pen is more useful.

Kevin Edward

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2011

flat mana regen seals are also viable

Seelyon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2011

Mana Regeneration is really good on pantheon for the constant early game harrass, but since you also want it for Riven pick up some armor seals, see here: http://www.squidoo.com/league-of-legends-rune-pages-guide

ComradeHX

11-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamius2041 View Post
I have armor pen marks, its just I want to be able to do some damage since new Panth relies on bonus AD, I do not like Quin AD because it is pretty weak, only 6.65, I would rather take the health Quins that leave me starting at about 600 health more then the AD Quins.
Panth is scaling only on bonus damage because his skills have decent BASE damage now.

A few extra AD does not matter very much, while 31(runes + mastery) to 46(brutalizer, which you obviously need early/mid game) armour penetration early/mid game can make you do pretty much true damage(and that is a lot more damage than from flat AD).

As for seals, Panth's passive blocks more autoattacks than you will ever dodge early game(maybe even late game if you do not have ninja tabi, because it can block two autoattacks per 10 seconds or so, assuming you have it on before engaging and wait for it to block an autoattack before using W(since E only does 3 strikes, it is easy to hit with even without stun); even if enemy attacks twice per second, it would be a 10% guaranteed block). Seals is the better choice here for early game(yes, dodge is still better late game, but Panth needs to dominate more early game).

Magiceffect

11-04-2011

ArP reds.
Health/lvl yellows
Blues: Mr/lvl
Flat health quints

9/21/0

Less glass cannon. better at wrecking carries and masters.