Thoughts on leblanc?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cupiter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2011

I recently bought leblanc and her single target burst damage is incredibly high.
Anyone suggest me some builds? I've been following a mobafire guide but I don't like having to rely on mejai's.

RavingChaos

11-04-2011

Mejais > Sorc Boots > Deathcap > Banshee's Veil > Lichbane.

500-600 AP, and a huge auto-attack to throw in your combo/use against towers/inhibs. LeBlanc MUST do well early game (2-3 kills before midgame starts) to be powerful later, therefore Mejai's goes hand in hand. With or without it, you need to be getting kills and not dying, so you might as well just get it. She is extremely hard to pin down and kill if you use her W and E effectively at the right times. You shouldn't be dying and losing Mejais stacks often.

Banshee's Veil is important, because late game you're going to be using W to pop over walls and toss Q + R (which will on it's own blow up a carry) then W back to safety. You need the veil to absorb any CC that is thrown your way in that one second timeframe.

LeBlanc is my main. I never have so much fun as when I play her. Rarely do I not get at least 15 kills, often far more.

Yes I Am Karthus

11-04-2011

I always start with Ring, then go Sorc Boots -> Morrello's -> Void Staff -> Deathcap -> Hourglass generally. BV can sometimes find a place in here.

The Morrello's is very important for her - the CDR is key to her playing well.

Single target burst is great, but when you are sitting around waiting for cooldowns in teamfights you are worthless.

No point in Mejai's - if you get it stacked to where you own everyone, you were going to win that game anyway.

Cupiter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhymenocerouses View Post
I always start with Ring, then go Sorc Boots -> Morrello's -> Void Staff -> Deathcap -> Hourglass generally. BV can sometimes find a place in here.

The Morrello's is very important for her - the CDR is key to her playing well.

Single target burst is great, but when you are sitting around waiting for cooldowns in teamfights you are worthless.

No point in Mejai's - if you get it stacked to where you own everyone, you were going to win that game anyway.
If the single target burst is great, what are your thoughts on Deathfire Grasp? You could certainly get close enough to use it.

LancerXXX

11-04-2011

I thought the standard build was to rush DFG...
Boots+3 potions to help with sustenance
Sorcerer's Shoes
Deathfire Grasp
Mejai's Soulstealer
Rabadon's Deathcap
Situational item, usually Zhonya's Hourglass.
Sell Mejai's Soulstealer for Void Staff if late-game and not going well.

Perhaps CDR glyphs to help with CDR? Or would flat AP be better?
Obviously MPen marks, MP regen/lvl seals, quintessences of choice.
9/0/21 for all that good stuff in Utility, especially the CDR and mana regen.

Cenerae

11-04-2011

I run a slightly unorthodox build on Leblanc, in order to try and give her everything she needs. Her single target burst is strong enough early game that you can afford to delay the deathcap.

Start with boots 3 pots
Hextech Revolver
Sorc Shoes
Deathfire Grasp
Will of the Ancients
Rabadon's Deathcap

Last two slots are usually Lichbane and Abyssal Scepter, but it depends on the game. (IE, I may need a void staff...so I'd axe the abyssal for it)

I find the spell vamp helps her out a lot since most of her damage is single target. DFG helps secure kills and then your spell vamp lets you fight longer. If I were getting fed early I'd rush the DFG instead, but usually opponents tend to be cautious when fighting a Leblanc and don't give up easy kills.

LancerXXX

11-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenerae View Post
I run a slightly unorthodox build on Leblanc, in order to try and give her everything she needs. Her single target burst is strong enough early game that you can afford to delay the deathcap.

Start with boots 3 pots
Hextech Revolver
Sorc Shoes
Deathfire Grasp
Will of the Ancients
Rabadon's Deathcap

Last two slots are usually Lichbane and Abyssal Scepter, but it depends on the game. (IE, I may need a void staff...so I'd axe the abyssal for it)

I find the spell vamp helps her out a lot since most of her damage is single target. DFG helps secure kills and then your spell vamp lets you fight longer. If I were getting fed early I'd rush the DFG instead, but usually opponents tend to be cautious when fighting a Leblanc and don't give up easy kills.
The spellvamp does help, but LeBlanc doesn't do much farming so it doesn't do much for sustenance, and it also delays that all-important DFG and other sources of more AP. But if it works for you, then... feel free.

Cenerae

11-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancerXXX View Post
The spellvamp does help, but LeBlanc doesn't do much farming so it doesn't do much for sustenance, and it also delays that all-important DFG and other sources of more AP. But if it works for you, then... feel free.
Leblanc does do a lot of farming, or she should anyway. She might not be the best at it, but you do benefit from farming, and she doesn't completely suck at it, thus you have no excuse for low cs.

Spell vamp lets you heal up between ganks while you farm some minions. I did say that if I did well early that I would shoot right for the DFG however. I just tend to get a lot of cautious opponents who (wisely) don't want to feed me kills. In which case, the sustain helps me secure supreme lane dominance.

Then again, it's not like I play her a lot. It's entirely possible my method is actually really bad. <_<