Support Mark Marcou, Support Jatt

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Suedeo

11-04-2011

Hi, I feel compelled to speak out. I'm not a smurf; please bear with me?

As a casual player and pro gaming fan, I am really offended by the general rudeness and lack of respect on this forum. What's up with the non stop flow of insults, accusations, and general nastiness? Just lurking it makes me feel dirty.

Even at the highest level of competition, wires get crossed and mistakes happen which seem outrageous to the casual observer. For example, I heard that recently a baseball team lost a game of the World Series because of some SNAFU regarding a landline telephone.

I'm pretty sure that most young LOL ranked players have a crazy dream of becoming a successful and popular pro gamer, where thousands of adoring fans eagerly watch their stream nightly, spam their IRC channel, and cheer for them in the National Finals.

Nobody, especially a very young man, needs to be subjected to continual personal attacks and defamation of character in public in front of the same audience he hopes to impress.

When is it ever constructive to tear a person down, call them "scum", and make them feel like a hated villian?

I happen to believe that Matt Marcou is probably the most qualified eSports manager living on Earth. Mr. Marcou is not some corporate management dude from Monster.com, he's a lifetime gamer. Us older players know that "d00bi0us" has been a major figure in pro gaming since Clinton was President. He's probably assisted in the management of more gaming tournaments, lifetime, than anyone in North America. He's also a human being (the kind that experiences emotions, just like you) who wants to be respected for his hard work and listened to for his experience, position, and bonafides.

Please, be more considerate of people in your posts about stuff, no matter what it is. Big tournaments are serious business, but they're also games of leisure, and we as participants must agree to hold ourselves to a certain level of decorum, or Internet gaming in general will be changed for the worst, and it'll be our fault.

Thanks for listening. I'm going back to my lair.

TL;DR Trolls are harmful to society.

Nomad Wanderer

11-04-2011

You are a brave one.

Wrong. But Brave.

Lapays

11-04-2011

Being a lifetime gamer doesn't make you competent at your job.

TapiocaBall

11-04-2011

Your point of view is naive and you don't realize that the majority of the flak they're getting is not for making the mistake, but being wholesomely unapologetic about it.

In Marcou's case, it's for his continuous track records of messing up, not just this once, but every single time. I've talked with many players and teams who have actively dealt with Marcou's decision-making and believe me, they can be really mindblowing. In most cases it's just painfully clear that he really doesn't give a **** about the players themselves and just wants to blow them off the quickest way possible.

So yeah, perhaps they need to come out and apologize for screwing up, to start, not make up a bunch of bull**** lies and excuses. Did you even read Riot Marcou's thread? He basically called everyone accusing him to be ignorant and basically said he didn't really make a mistake except for that teensy little miscommunication, and that it was us who didn't understand what was going on.

Sorry pops that story doesn't fly.

Ahlen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2011

Why apologize for doing nothing wrong.