Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Teemo or Veigar...?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Joyejoyu

11-04-2011

I have heard that both are good but i can't decide which one to get... Any if its not too much trouble could some one explain why they chosen the one they did please thank you

Mystletaynn

11-04-2011

Get both, problem solved. That is, if you were to get either of them. I recommend getting better champs.

Defile

11-04-2011

teemo will be better in high level gameplay

Tyroie

11-04-2011

Veigar is tough to learn, but awesome and downright cheap if you build and play him right. With a Deathfire Grasp he can assassinate the most fed person on the other team very well (regardless of how much AP they have), and never forget that his stun is an epic support spell for your teammates - that's his most powerful spell. Those two things make him great. I also recommend Boots of Mobility - when you stun an enemy, those boots don't lose their speed boost. This means you can both flee or catch enemies extremely easily.

Teemo's a bit easier to learn, and fits with pretty much any team. His mushrooms are so, so, so insanely good for map awareness, which is huge for winning games. They're also great when the other team has no healer, because the other team can't really recover from the damage those mushrooms do.

Fluffy1

11-04-2011

not sure who told you they were good, both are pretty easily outclassed. but teemo see's more use

Xemnas XVI

03-27-2013

study shows that teemo is 500% cuter

ExHamster

03-27-2013

there are only a few mids that im really afraid off in a fights (I usually dont play tank); cass and viegar are amongst the top two. teemo is more of a mehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh type, it's really fun to play with and have a lot of utility but he is not that scary to fight outside of the first few levels

Míley Dyrus

03-27-2013

Veigar is a funny champ if you want to cheese your opponent with an instakill, but he's almost never used in tournaments or at high elo and hit winrate is pretty bad for good reason- he throws down his stun, does his burst, and is then finished. If he gets zoned by a bruiser he won't even find himself close enough to a squishy to instagib.

doomed2death

03-28-2013

I main Veigar and have Teemo.

I'd have to say that it really depends on which you prefer.

Teemo is an aggressive laner with a powerful early-mid game and a decent end game; he hits hard and fast and has great sustained damage and, between his passive, his Q, and his R, needs to play very deceptively, for lack of a better term, to excel (as compared to merely succeeding). Teemo has much better sustained damage but can't just burst people down. Also, Teemo's shrooms can throw off an entire enemy team.

Veigar is completely different. Veigar is a ****ty ****ty laner that is extremely vulnerable. However, if he farms well enough, his mid-late game is a time of almost excessive damage. He NEEDS to farm though and he needs to farm well. One of the great things about a snowballing Veigar is that if you completely wreck your lane, even if your enemy is only giving you 100 gold or 30 gold, you still get the 5 AP. And, even if you are completely wrecked, you can always catch up again with enough farm.
Veigar really lacks utility, most being able to just burst people down (late game, a W+ Q or maybe a DFG + W + Q easily kills non tanks). Veigar lacks sustained damage too (his Q with my 34% CDR build chunks them pretty hard though...). However, his E makes up for his lack of utility being one of the longest AoE stuns in the game and being capable of binding an enemy to a location for an extended period of time; on top of that, his W gives vision on the area it's landing on, allowing Veigar to not face check bushes. Veigar also doesn't have to build as glass-cannon as Teemo does to be successful; I have frequently built a warmog's on him and still been the greatest damage dealer in the game.

I'd have to say, even though I main Veigar, Teemo is a safer pick who counters most common tops (Irelia and Jax being the major exceptions). Teemo also brings better utility to his team.

Conversely, Veigar is better capable of carrying teams since his W can push a lane much faster than Teemo ever could and he can burst down 2 key players in a team fight and still have enough decent sustained damage late game due to his infinite scaling. Veigar is also one of the best and strongest snowballers in the game.

It's all a matter of preference though.

Xeronator

08-08-2013

Veigar

PROS
___
+One of the best nukers in the game.
+Limitless AP cap.
+Built-in hard CC.
+Easy last-hitting.
+Great mid-game farmer.
+Hard-counters squishy carries and mages.
+Snowballs naturally with Baleful Strike.
+He's a little evil Yordle.
______

CONS

______
-Very squishy.
-Weak early game.
- Event Horizon is your only defense mechanism.
-Mostly single-target focus.
-Fairly long cooldowns.
_____

Teemo

PROS
______

+ Highly benefits from large damage sources.
+ Very Sneaky (Backdoors EXTREMELY well!)
+ Can be used as a ward thanks to his ultimate!
+ Has abilities for escaping and chasing.
+ Farms very easily and well!
+ Is a strong fighter all throughout stages of the game.
+ Mushrooms help finish and slow enemies in times of need.
+ Can shred armor and tanky champions efficiently!

____
CONS

- Very squishy early game.
- Is commonly targeted during team fights.
- Does not have much crowd control
- Very vulnerable to AP and AD carries.

If you perfer to hit hard in the late game, then Viegar is for you [although he is kinda hard to use. Teemo on the other hand, is easier to use and is good in all parts of the game. If you like being fast like a ninja, VERY fast farming, and killing tanks easier, then Teemo is for you. I personally perfer Veigar because he is my favorite character ever since i played this game. He is INSANE if you play him correctly. So yea, a wizard that can nuke teams, or a swift scout that can decimate things faster than before. Its up to you my friend.