NaNoWriMo: Melodies of Life

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Satan Cthulhu

11-08-2011

Hi, Sonata of Light here (You might know me better as Ascending Chaos) and since I've seen these things pop up and I'm pretty interested, I decided to write a LoL Theme novel and "ditch" my fanfiction (temporarily!). Anyways, so this is all I've written so far because I'm overloaded with homework and whatnot...

Chapter 1 (incomplete I suppose)

The flow of music washed over him like water... Sonata "Nat" Li was at ease once again... The wind blew, the wind chimes shook, and the violin music softly poured over him, it all flowed together to form a happy melody. The crickets chirping, the nearby river running... Life was wonderful, and Nature's song only made it better.
Then he stood up abruptly. A new song was heard in his ears. An evil song. Gunshots. Screams. Black Magics. Running back to his residence, he ran up the stairs to his parents room, shouting, "Mama! Papa! We must leave! I hear people, things, coming!" only to find he was, alas, too late. A mixed melody of sadness and regret sounded in his ears as he gazed upon the seemingly dead bodies of his parents. He sobbed and sobbed, crying as he stared at this horrible sight before him. Their mouths lay open, their faces pale from fright. Their previously unblemished clothes were now splattered with blood as they suddenly started to freeze over.
Hearing a divine melody, overpowering his sadness, he looked up to see Shurelia, the Goddess standing over him.
He dried his tears on his arm and heard what she was trying to say.
"Do not lose hope... You can still save them. I can help you with that." She said smiling kindly, handing over Nat's violin. He wondered what to do with it, he didn't have much talent with music and never really practiced. A sudden realization of what he should do came over him. Picking up his bow he started moving his bow over the strings. The song he was playing was incredibly complicated and he didn't know he could play violin this well.
The tune was a sad one, filled with emotion, but it was hopeful too, and felt like there was a possible second chance. He felt like he was standing on top of the world, breathing in triumphant air, exhaling all his troubles. As his bow raced across the string, a green ball of light appeared as he made a crescendo. The a second, then a third, and they all grew into musical notes and lines, intertwining with each other and his parent's bodies. Slowly but surely their wounds were getting healed, the ice caused by the black magic thawing, and no more wounds were visible. The green light then washed all over the house and village and purged the village of anything evil, healing everything. Then the song ended with a bright diminuendo and the lights disappeared.
The Goddess smiled and him and then told him, "You should join the League of Legends, it will help you find your way." Then she sank beneath the floor. The divine light left with her. Then a malign, dark melody filled the room, marking the entrance of Morello, the Evil God. Nat staggered back in terror as the Evil Song filled the room, darkening the sky.
"This is only the beginning," He sneered, "And until you find your fate I shall hold this village hostage." Then he took off into the rapidly approaching pitch black sky, the village appearing to evaporate with him. A distant voice called, "You shall be branded with the burden until you do so! HAHAHAHA!" A black mark appeared on Sonata's chest which resembled a musical note, but where the note should normally have been filled in, there was a clock instead. The house then evaporated too and it started to rain. All left was Morello's Evil Tome.
Well, no harm in keeping it for tight situations, He thought. Picking it up along with his violin, he stepped out of the miserable rain into the forest, going towards the Institute of War armed with a violin and a book. He knew that was pretty crazy, but he if Shurelia told him to, and Morello told him to discover his fate, naturally he would do such for his villagers. He knew what the song he played was. It was a song that meant bad things happen, but good comes out of it. Meaning someday he will discover his fate and get his village back.

Sillybro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2011

I think you should add what "Nat" felt when he finally revived the village or when Morello (The nerf bat shall be raised!) appeared. Cause it seems like Nat felt nothing when that happened. Other than that, good beginning!~

Satan Cthulhu

11-09-2011

Made a few changes as Sillybro suggested. (Oh Sillybro, you silly bro~)

Chapter 2

Bandits were not a common sight to Nat because his village was always a haven of magic. Bandits, being melee feared getting burst down from afar before they could even plunder a single piece of gold, so they just left the village alone. That's why Nat was unprepared for this situation. Nat was, of course, dressed as someone who seemed wealthy, making him seeming an ideal target to rob.

The biggest bandit came forward and grunted, "Hand over your money, goods, and everything you own if you know what's good for you." Nat scrunched his eyebrows.

How rude, these people are. I should like to deal with them quickly, he thought, so he took out the tome. Reading from it, he started to chant, "Nerf, nerf, nerf. Better nerf irelia, mudkipz," The rest looked weird, "lrod Zileas, armored bears..... suck? omg global ults so OP wtfbbqsauce. Trolololol691337 /rant"

As he completed the chant a strange dark green light appeared and a troll-spirit was summoned. A troll spirit's level of trolling was based on the summoner's level of Purity or Darknesse within the soul. Nat's soul was quite pure and therefore, the troll spirit's level was 9001. The spirit wailed and floated through them and anyone who had the misfortune to get float through immediately fell to the ground screaming. The rest ran, but then the screaming stopped only to be replaced by a non-stop Nyan.

Nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan- Nat couldn't take it anymore, so he fled and amazingly ran through the forest in a few minutes, leaving the troll spirit who he decided to name Mudkipz to tend to the mini nyandalees (lolwut?) that appeared in the clearing.

"That," He said to himself, "is one spell I'll not be using again."

When the annoying melody seized, he immediately consulted a map he never noticed was in the tome which apparently led to the institute of war. This was too easy. The next village stop was at a place called Awake Filled (sleepy hollow's opposite maybe?). He walked in that direction, not know how tired he was. He fell asleep due to hunger, and casting the troll spirit summon was quite draining.

Journal Day 1

I have made good progress to the village of Awake Filled, and hope to be there by tomorrow. The summon was quite a shock and burned quite a bit of energy. I shall not dare to touch the tome again in fear I become enticed by the Darke Magyks within it. After reading up on the spell, it appears it was originally created by the duo of Zileas "be trolling" Riot and Morello "nerf beat down" Riot. I shall be careful of future encounters with the Evil God and his aide (is it the other way around?)'s spells in the future. I only hope a situation where the Tome or the Musyk has to be used will not appear.
With fear I write,
Sonata L.

Like it? xP
I put a lot of effort into writing stuff instead of doing homework or trying to run a sub-11 mile (pathetic right?) but Friday's off so I might get a lot of writing in by then. I hope I live up to people's expectations! (I'm only 12 for God's sake)

Satan Cthulhu

11-09-2011

shameless (-ful) bump because I'm just... really bored xP

Satan Cthulhu

11-10-2011

No Feedback? blegh

Chapter 3

Nat awoke from his sleep abruptly. He had a nightmare about Trolls and nyan cats popping out of brushes like Garen. He decided to change his clothes as these were now dirty, and as he took off his once fine, clean, silk laced shirt, he noticed the clock-note-mark had ticked forward by one minute. Frowning he got dressed and consulted the magic map. He noticed that it was quite close so he continued walking, then came to an edge, stumbling, and almost falling. Then he looked above. The sight of the village, Awake Filled made him catch his breath, its beauty was captivating. The houses looked as delicate as gingerbread while a blanket of freshly fallen snow softly covered them not unlike icing on a cake. When he managed to get down to the village, he walked through a giant arch which bore a sign saying "WELCOME Traveler to Awake Filled!!!" But the town was empty.

"Hello? Is anyone here? A traveler would like a roof over his head and some food for the night, if this kind town could spare a room?" He called out, his voice echoing through the "ghost town". Then a hand struck out of nowhere, covering his mouth and dragging him into an ally. It was a little girl, an orphan seemingly.

"Shhh," She whispered, "You'll wake the Bighead Footwoman!" Her eyes darted around as if looking for the said person. Then she dragged him further and then used a knife to carve a square shape into the ground. Then amazingly a slab a earth lifted and she ushered him in.

"Concerto, it's Sonatina!" She called out into the underground rooms, "I found this traveling guy walking around."

Then a voice called out, this one more rough and masculine, clearly a boy, "At this time? He doesn't know that this is when the Bighead Footwoman comes out?!" The voice sounded amused and shocked at the same time. Nat didn't like its mocking tone either. Then a tall, tan, handsome boy - he seemed to be around 16 or 17, a year older than Nat - stepped down the stairs and continued speaking, "He's in your debt then, Tina."

Nat then spoke, "I don't know what this "Buttface Footsoldier" is, but I don't need saving, I have two things on me that can protect me very well." As he said that, the boy scan what Nat had.

"A book and a violin, how useful," He drawled, then he took out a knife and said, "Look, I want you to prove your worth. If you're not willing to accept our help then at least prove to us you can take care of yourself
"I'm a Knife Technician, who specializes in techniques with, of course, knives."

Nat looked at him angrily bursting out and saying, "I'll have you know this is Morello's Tome and this violin has been blessed by Shurelia herself!" That seemed to bring a state of shock (ah, I love tableau...) among them. Nat proceeded to get out his violin and played a rapid, angry song that had plenty of crescendo and stacotto. Whenever he made a loud noise, a bright green orb appeared and flew at Concerto (now known as Connor as his nickname) but he spun his knife and deflected them.

Connor then threw a knife at a ball, testing it. Now, the balls of energy are normally harder than steel, but since Connor put a vibrato and a tremello on the knife, it easily cut. Needless to say, he wished he hadn't. Immediately, a forest of musical notes and lines erupted out, and wrapped around Connor, sucking the energy out of him and returning it to Sonata. Then Nat switched to a pizzicato and balls continued to burst at each note. Every time five appeared, the sixth disappeared, but there was a lot of them and soon Connor was no more than a prune in terms of energy. The energy dispersed.

Tina ran up to Connor crying, glaring at Nat (which was a disappointment, he had a bit of a crush on her), stroking his hair and caressing his face. She whispered, "Are you alright?" and when she saw a nod, she relaxed and let him rest.

"I cannot believe you just did that." She told him, pink energy flowing out of her like a river.

Journal Day 2

I don't get why Sonatina got so angry, after all it WAS Concerto that started the fight. I didn't mention to them the tome was filled with dark magics in fear that they cast me away. After Sonatina calmed down and Concerto woke up, everything was okay again, apparently. They have provided me valuable information on what the "Bighead Footwoman" was and what I should have for my travels. They also have decided to accompany me to the Institute of War, they both have idols there (Concerto's is Talon, The Blade's Shadow and Sonatina's is Lux, the Lady of Luminosity. They assumed mine was Sona, the Maven of the Strings after seeing my instrument, but I told them nothing in case they should betray me.
With Hope I write,
Sonata L.

Another -meh- chapter x[

Sillybro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2011

Quote:
the clock-note-mark had ticked forward by one minute
"Pandora Heart" reference? XP

Also, it'll be quite funny if the troll stayed with him and be his companion who mocks "Nat"!~

E.g. Troll "Yo Natalie!~ Wearing youse nightgown again!?"

Nat "......It's Nat, and this is a robe..... you troll"

Troll "Hey now, let's not be hating on the trolls! WIthout me, you would have died to those banditos!"

Nat ".....but you attracted Nyandalees....."

Troll "Thought you'd like a few music of the wild!~"

Nat "Why are you following me around anyway!?"

Troll "Cause I'm trollin' bro! Now suck it up, buttercup~"

--------------------End of example---------------

Satan Cthulhu

11-10-2011

Why yes, it is! I was writing it, and it popped into my head (no chain to contract with though)

And don't worry... Hehe, the troll will make his appearance in Natalie's- I mean Nat's time of need

SPOILER: Troll Spirit becomes part of Trundle's Legion to set Trollternity upon evil..... And Tea Moffins. (Teemo)